Author Topic: Concorde  (Read 1445 times)

Offline annovi.frizio

• Meritorious Member
    • FRIZIODESIGN
Concorde
« on: January 11, 2009, 03:52:27 PM »
Frizio Graphic Designer
http://www.friziodesign.it/

Offline chrisild

• Honorary Member
  • NW · DE · EU
Re: Concorde
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 04:45:33 PM »
Wow, five different designs for one issue ... all in all a great job! The first one reminds me of Leonardo's Vitruvian Man (see my avatar). That may well have been your intention; however it looks strange to me. The second I find quite elegant but maybe a little too static. The third design, with the Concorde in front of concentric circles, looks good, especially since the circles could represent the sonic boom.

The one with the maps of Europe and North America I don't like that much because the Concorde is hard to recognize. The forth one with the globe is OK but I like the circles design better. The last design ... the combination of the cockpit view and the view from above is interesting. But (being aviationally challenged ;D) I don't understand the rest of that design.

Christian
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 04:47:35 PM by chrisild »

Online Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 12:54:18 AM »
I am not too far away from Christian, though I'd prefer the globe to the sonic boom, since the boom was a negative factor in the development of the Concorde: it gave quite a few airports a lame excuse to refuse landing rights. This may also be the angle where the Concord is at it's most elegant. I have good memories of the Concorde. I never was in one during flight, but I saw one very often from a main road leading into Paris. It was used as an exhibit at Orly airport, together with a Caravelle (now that type I did fly).

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline annovi.frizio

• Meritorious Member
    • FRIZIODESIGN
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 12:59:41 AM »
thank you for your impressions. regards. :-)
Frizio Graphic Designer
http://www.friziodesign.it/