Author Topic: Poland: 5 zl commems to replace special 2 zl issues  (Read 5499 times)

Offline natko

• Meritorious Member
  • Split, Croatia
Re: Poland: 5 zl commems to replace special 2 zl issues
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2014, 11:12:23 AM »
Collector 2 zlote are legal tender but definitely not circulation pieces, NCLT, no matter high mintages. These 5 PLN will obviously be cirtculation pieces, which is much more interesting in my opinion and then you have no excuse not to collect them :) Luckily, there are so many helpful collectors all over the Poland from whom I'm sure you can make some good swap, on face value or whatever. 5 PLN is still considerably less than 2 euros and in my opinion euro coins are biggest pest, especially now when two comms per year are allowed, it's damn expensive and almost impossible to cope with every year.

Offline chrisild

• Honorary Member
  • NW · DE · EU
Re: Poland: 5 zl commems to replace special 2 zl issues
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 11:24:27 AM »
These 5 PLN will obviously be cirtculation pieces, which is much more interesting in my opinion and then you have no excuse not to collect them :)

Actually I do have quite a few. Ask Andy (andyg) about my latest acquisitions. ;)  As for those commemorative €2 coins, well, the increased number of issues per year helped me make the decision to by and large ignore those collector issues. As for the Polish 5 zł pieces that will come this year and in the future, yes, I welcome that step toward circulating commems ...

Christian