Author Topic: Akbar. Dam. Hissar Firoza? Please Help confirm.  (Read 3326 times)

Offline abhinumis

• Honorary Member
Re: Akbar. Dam. Hissar Firoza? Please Help confirm.
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2013, 06:50:04 PM »
Again raking up this old thread.. As I had promised to put the coin I had here it is. Now one can easily see the border and hence can confirm that whatever is on hissar is not 'fe' of firoza.. Date is absolutely clear(967). Now if one opens Valentine and refer to mint Chunar, the very same coin with the initial 'he' of hissar cut is attributed as Chunar. So that is absolutely wrong in Valentine
Dr.Abhishek

akona20

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2013, 11:09:37 PM »
Well not only Valentine made that error he was following many others. Chunar does not exist.

Offline asm

• Honorary Member
  • Ahmedabad, India
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2013, 03:37:05 AM »
On FB on the Nisfi I posted there (as well as here) yesterday, there was a definite conclusion on the discussion that Coins of Hissar with AH are all with the epithet Firoza / Firuza while the Ilahi dated coins are Hissar. ThShailen Bhandare and Numis (Zubair) Khan.

Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

akona20

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2013, 04:59:26 AM »
This is one of a series of interesting reworks of old theories on mint name not only for Akbar but for other Mughals as well. The other two are probably correct in their suggestion however a little more work needs to be done (and is being done) on this question.

For the moment Firoza is used as the translation but this is subject to change when more examples are looked at. In this case I believe the translation of Firoza is "successful".