News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Oriental Numismatic Society (ONS) - India Chapter

Started by asm, March 29, 2013, 05:55:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asm

Quote from: cmerc on March 29, 2013, 02:44:35 AM
Thanks Oesho!  After some searching, it appears that you, Oesho, are the person to contact to become a member of JONS. 
Well...if you are in India, ONS has an Indian Chapter and Dr Rajgor is the person in charge.........However, when I wanted to become a member, after a number of tries with Dr Rajgor, I finally had to get Oesho to help.......and recently, I know for a fact that Overlord broke his head to become a member...........He finally did when I sent a peon from my Mumbai office to Dr Rajgors office with Overlord's payment along with mine..........

Would annual membership give access to past/older volumes of the newsletter?
Though technically it should - if prints are in stock, I've been following up with them for over a couple of years for back issues and even personal visit by my peon to their office did not yield results.......even for recent past issues.....It is not that they have no back issues.....it appears they have no one to dig them out.

Do current members receive hard copies of the newsletter by mail, or soft copies by email?
Hard copies by courier in India.

I am very likely to become a member in any case.
It is worth all the trouble...........

Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

abhinumis

So both Amits(Amit Mehta ji and Amit Vyas) are now member of ONS?! Congrats! That means I can get whatever articles I want in them!! Yippee!! 8)
Dr.Abhishek

asm

Quote from: abhinumis on March 29, 2013, 08:31:25 AM
So both Amits are now member of ONS?! Congrats! That means I can get whatever articles I want in them!! Yippee!! 8)
Wouldn't it be better if you order your own subscription? Costs just Rs 750/- per year (4 issues). Money more than well spent.......even if not all issues have something of interest to you.

Amit

abhinumis

I would be very happy if subscription is possible.. But hearing from the ordeal u had, I'm a bit discouraged.. Actually I had in the past in one of the posts had mentioned the way for subscription.. I want some previous issues of ONS that are vital
Dr.Abhishek

asm

I'll see if I have a copy of the form. If so I will send it to you. You can courier it directly. The problem is to get the form.

Amit

cmerc

I live in the US, so international probably rates will apply to me.  Found the regional head of the US chapter and sent him an email.  Good luck to those in India, after hearing Amit ji's experiences.     
Defending this hobby against a disapproving family since 1998.

asm

There has been a change of guard at the ONS South Asia Chapter and Mr Mahesh Kalra has taken over the affairs. He has been making a concentrated effort to increase membership so that it could be made a vibrant group.

He has requested me to help him in his quest to increase membership and I take the liberty to add here the ONS membership form. I am sure, it would be much easier now.

The amount involved is very small. Just Rs 750 annually. I hope many Indian members will take this opportunity to join and increase their knowledge.

Amit

PS: Should any one need help, please feel free to PM me. I have the .docx copy of the form for ease of filling up but that is not permitted to be uploaded on WoC.

Bimat

Great, I shall contact you soon. :)

Aditya

PS: I guess Mahesh Kalra is the same person who runs the Kalra Shukla classes? ???
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

asm

Quote from: Bimat on April 28, 2014, 11:24:57 AM
Great, I shall contact you soon. :)
Look forward to it.

Quote from: Bimat on April 28, 2014, 11:24:57 AM
PS: I guess Mahesh Kalra is the same person who runs the Kalra Shukla classes? ???
No idea. He is connected to Mumbai University - Dinesh Mody Institute of Numismatics..........