Rafi Ud Darajat, Zeenat Ul Bilad, Ahmedabad Rupee.

Started by Husain Makda, October 29, 2012, 08:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Husain Makda

Rafi Ud Darajat, Zeenat Ul Bilad, Ahmedabad Rupee. 1131/Ahd.
Blessed by the Masters.

Figleaf

Another great piece from an ultra-short reign. Is it the light or is the bottom sharply struck and the top weaker? If so, the flan could be thicker at the bottom. These hammered coins are so full of character...

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

capnbirdseye

Vic

Husain Makda

Yes the flan is a little thick at side and sunlight at early morning is showing more of it. I love the word Shahanshah on it.,
and I am sure it must have been the Sayed brothers who decided the title for him, because he was not mature to  decide his title at the age of 17.
Blessed by the Masters.

Figleaf

Those tumultuous times can easily be imagined as the inspiration for a Bollywood film (Unstoppable passions of Rafis and Sayeds?) Or would it be too bloody?

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Husain Makda

Blessed by the Masters.

PeaceBD

That is a nice looking coin with some interesting history attached to it. I am still trying to find my first Rafi-Ud-Darjat coin which I like. These are very hard to come by here. :( Most which show up are look pretty beat up. TFS.

Husain Makda

Blessed by the Masters.