Author Topic: Akbar, Falus, Mint: Ahmadabad, Month: Mihr, Ilahi year not readeable.  (Read 1052 times)

Offline aarkay

• Errors....Errors.....and Errors
Hi….

I found this when going through my coin accumulations…while I cannot make even which is the correct position of this, my coin vendor from whom I got this tells me it is coin from the  Akbar era (a seventy plus person well versed in Urdu and dependable)…..can I  have your observations please….

Aarkay
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 11:03:15 AM by asm »
Why worry about dead yesterdays and unborn tomorrows….live in the present…a present for you today…

akona20

Re: Re: Please help attribute.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 10:05:06 AM »
a. Please start a new thread for each coin. these are vital for further reference.
b. Having just spent a rather large amount of time figuring out why a number of attribution by type errors have made the reply has been because the person was an expert in Urdu not Persian.

Offline aarkay

• Errors....Errors.....and Errors
Re: Please help attribute.
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 10:46:57 AM »
Hi....

akona 20 ...point (a) taken note of.....will adhere in future....persian and urdu being different completely I was not aware of....thanks for pointing out...

incidentally I found the  wikepedia link  highlighting persian  and urdu interesting....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_and_Urdu

Aarkay
Why worry about dead yesterdays and unborn tomorrows….live in the present…a present for you today…

Ansari

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 10:51:06 AM »
Hi....

...persian and urdu being different completely I was not aware of....

Aarkay

Absolutely, the only similarity is that both use almost same alphabets otherwise speaker of Presian wont be able to understand Urdu n vice versa.

Offline asm

• Honorary Member
  • Ahmedabad, India
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 11:29:15 AM »
back to the coin........Ilahi type Falus Ahmedabad on one side????? with Ilahi date ans month on the other.....

Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

Offline Oesho

• Honorary Member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 10:36:32 PM »
Indeed, Falus Ahmadabad / Mihr Ilahi (year, not readeable)