Russian Mints, Mintmarks Mintmaster marks

Started by Figleaf, April 05, 2007, 09:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Figleaf

Russische Münzstätten Münzzeichen Münzmeisterzeichen by Reinhold Kaim, Braunschweig, 1971 consists of two parts. The second part is a list of Mints of the Russian Empire from 1700 with lists of mint marks and mintmaster marks. It includes some outlying mints, such as Warschau (Poland), Helsingfors (Helsinki, Finland), Sadogura (Romania) and Tiflis (Georgia). The historic introductions are interesting but much of the information is available in KM. The first part, however, manages to do thew same for the period 1360-1700. This info may be available elsewhere, but I have never seen it before. I bought the book at the second hand bookshop of Marijana Dworski at Hay-on-Wye (UK) for 8 pounds. It made my day.  :)

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

muntenman

This is a little message suitable to my knowledge! Hopefully you can help me in future with Russian coins I cannot trace over here. Greetings, Eric.
GLOBAL MODERATOR under the name of GRIVNAGOZER at www.munthunter.nl

Figleaf

Hope you can get a scanner, Muntenman, so you can get those Russians coming. I have half-identified Russians also. Even Russians cannot read them.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.