Author Topic: 2x2 Squares sticking to pages  (Read 215 times)

Offline Jonathan Ouellet

2x2 Squares sticking to pages
« on: May 26, 2021, 11:25:36 PM »
hey everyone,
I was going through one of my albums and I noticed several of my 2x2s had stuck to their pages. I had to try really hard to get them out and it seems like the see-through film has melted to the page. Anyone else have this problem?

It seems to only be in one of my albums.

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Re: 2x2 Squares sticking to pages
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2021, 12:02:52 PM »
I have had this problem, but not very often. It is caused by pulling the cartons out with great force. The solution is an old-fashioned letter opener, the flatter the better. A flat piece of hard plastic will work also. Don't use anything with a sharp edge, like a knife or a screwdriver. Shove it in the album page pocket with the carton you want to take out and turn it slightly, to separate the transparent part of the carton from the plastic of the album page. Repeat on the "reverse" of the carton. As a bonus, the carton will now be much easier to take out.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline brandm24

• BR & M
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2021, 12:05:31 PM »
I haven't seen this before so not sure why it would happen. If it's only in the one album the problem obviously lies there. Maybe where it was stored in relation to the others. Are they stored together?

I was curious to know if the coins themselves are damaged.

Bruce
Always Faithful

Offline Jonathan Ouellet

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2021, 02:23:25 PM »
The solution is an old-fashioned letter opener, the flatter the better.
I will give this a try.

Are they stored together?

I was curious to know if the coins themselves are damaged.

They are stored together and it only seems to be happening with this one. The coins themselves are fine, no damage noted.

Offline Abhay

• Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2021, 05:33:27 AM »
An advise - When you store coins in 2X2 holders and then put them in a Plastic/PVC album sheet, take care to always store them in a vertical position. If you store them in horizontal position, due to the enormous weight of the overlying albums and coins, the PVC sheets tend to stick together.

Abhay
INVESTING IN YESTERDAY

Offline Jonathan Ouellet

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2021, 08:13:09 PM »
I hadn't thought about the position of the binders themselves, good thinking.