News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Egyptian hieroglyphs tokens

Started by redwine, November 29, 2014, 02:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redwine

;D
Mr Bagerap's piece looks to be the same as the one in the TLHC of the above foursome.
Has yours been plated?
Always willing to trade.  See my profile for areas of interest.

MrLuca

Quote from: redwine on November 29, 2014, 02:53:56 PM
Haven't arrived from seller yet...........
Thought I'd be able to suss them out in the meantime.  Got nowhere :'(
Could have sworn I'd posted one of these on here a while back. Can't find it :-[
Supposedly lead?
I'd have thought from a cereal pack promotion?
Any ideas?  Many thanks  ;D

Just found few of this at the local store with comment of this item 'An Italian token to enter to the museum with a copy of an ancient coin at the obverse'. No year of minting. But there is a material info is - tin.

Figleaf

Thank you, MrLuca. I guess the museum entrance had a turnstile, or was it a souvenir included in the admission price? That would explain the different diameters.

Anyway, there is no lack of museums in Italy. Any information on which one it was?

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

MrLuca

There is no additional information unfortunately. But there are another tokens in stock with the same information and price. I suppose they had the same seller.
One of them has the same hyerogliphs on the reverse, but another ones have the some title on the reverse. Maybe they are all from the one museum. But it looks like a souvenirs, not like tokens to enter

Figleaf

Except for the first picture, all are part of a number of series BP issued in several countries as an advertising gift. They were supposed to be mounted in a card.

Nice pictures!

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

MrLuca

Quote from: Figleaf on March 13, 2020, 02:15:23 PM
Except for the first picture,

Yes, you're right! I've found now that last ones are French promotional gas tokens. They are not even Italian tokens as the coins shop says. So the first one and the one with Ptolemy obverse from this thread could be another country from. I've searched all Italian, French and even Egyptian tokens and didn't found any similar :(

Very interesting item!

malj1

The BP tokens are listed in Petrol company repros (mostly BP)

The pirate treasure is in the same thread here and again the pictures are here

Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.