Read all about the Grand Numismatic Alliance

Main Menu

All the fakes

Started by <k>, August 01, 2011, 12:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asm

Quote from: srinath on November 29, 2011, 05:07:46 AM
is this fake or real?
http://www.ebay.in/itm/ONE-RE-1970-VERY-RARE-BIG-FANTACY-COIN-/180763233254?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item2a16540be6#ht_623wt_1135
pls confirm

srinath

This is what the buyer says on the listing:

ONE RUPEE 1970 BIG FANTACY COIN.

THIS IS A NOVELTY AND FANTASY/REPLICA COIN USE FOR POOJA.

PEOPLE KEEP THIS IN POOJA HOUSE AS ITS CONSIDERED LUCKY AND CONSIDERED TO BRING WEALTH,THIS IS JUST A TEMPLE TOKEN TYPE COIN .  PEOPLE DO WORSHIP THIS COIN AS ITS CONSIDERED SACRED . I THINK MANY BUYERS ALREADY KNOW THIS THING .SO PLEASE BID ONLY IF YOU INTERESTED IN BUYING THIS TEMPLE TOKEN
"IT IS A TEMPLE TOKEN AND NOT A LEGAL TENDER "

It is in RED, Bold letters......... Now if some one takes it to be a genuine coin, ..........

Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

Ansari

You can clearly see on George V 's wardrobe.....the direction in which elephant is moving is wrong.

malj1

He does say...

'THIS COIN IS USED FOR POOJA AND COLLECTION PURPOSE. BIDDERS PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS COIN IS MADE BY SOME TANTRIK SO IT IS SAID IT HAS BLACK MAGIC ON IT. THIS COIN COST GOES IN LAKHS SO THIS IS GOOD FOR COLLECTOR AT GOOD PRICE.'

???
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

asm

For the first coin he mentions: 1929 EIGHT ANNA GEORGE V KING EMPEROR VERY RARE INDIA COIN HARD TO FIND @Rs.1 + Silver quantity just one gram in polish.
For the third and fourth coin he mentions:  BIDDERS PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS COIN IS MADE BY SOME TANTRIK SO IT IS SAID IT HAS BALCK MAGIC ON IT.
For the fifth coin he mentions:THIS NOTE IS ONLY USED FOR COLLECTION PURPOSE.

The points he mentions appear to be a ploy to get around the law if some one complains. Most of the above are mentioned somewhere in the middle of a paragraph. For the first coin he calls it 8 Anna coin while it is a 2 Rs, 8 Anna coin. Third & forth he mentions clearly mentions: made by tantriks. The last is called a NOTE for collection purpose.........while the item is a coin.

Amit

Coinsforever

Quote from: akona20 on November 28, 2011, 11:29:34 PM
Are we in agreement that these coins are all fakes?

Yes 101% all the 05 coins are fakes.

Cheers ;D
Every experience, good or bad, is a priceless collector's item.

http://knowledge-numismatics.blogspot.in/

asm

Quote from: aan09 on November 29, 2011, 12:19:24 PM
Yes 101% all the 05 coins are fakes.

Cheers ;D

They are not coins............ He calls them tokens.......

Amit

sdchaugule

Even mentioning as quoted by asm above should be objectionable. First person may buy as token and in circulation it will not go as 'NOT TOKEN'. Purchasers are bound to be duped. As stated above it will exhibit how the fake coins can be made in your courtyards. Such listing should be treated as fake. 

Naveen

But why they listing under Republic India coins ?.... that is my question. They should list under fancy items ?.... Am I talking correct..

Patney

It is only be treated as TOKEN or Fancy Items if they do not have any denomination. A piece of Metal with Denomination can be only issued by the Government and any other issuing it is an offence under Criminal Law.   

Coinsforever

All the five coins listed on ebay are with "Denomination"  & described as "COINS" , it is evident that some one has produced these fake stuff  copying some details of original coins .

The ebay seller who has listed 5 coins , is knowingly describing these fakes as coins.

Cheers ;D
Every experience, good or bad, is a priceless collector's item.

http://knowledge-numismatics.blogspot.in/

Md. Shariful Islam

For some reason this 8 Reales seems to me as doubtful. I don't know why. Probably the rim is not like the usual ones. Experts please.

Islam

sdchaugule

Ebay will not any action unless very serious situation arises. Their stand is that they are expected to do policing unless pointed out. At most listing is cancelled. Fresh similar listings appear after some days and even after hours.The purchasers are to be more vigilant, which is not possible is all case.   

Adv. Girish bhambhani

Amit ji, there is nobody to stop these type of sellers. Daily somebody with new id sells these types of coins on ebay and make money. Buyer must be aware of all these type of fakes.
GIRISH