Author Topic: Muhammad Shah, 1/32 Rupee Mint:Khujista Bunyad (Aurangabad), AH1157/RY27  (Read 1066 times)

Offline asm

• Honorary Member
  • Ahmedabad, India
A long time back, Richie had requested me to upload pictures of Fractional Mughal Rupees........... These are very rarely come across......

I had uploaded a 1/16th Rupee of Muhammad Shah - Burhanpur Mint which was from my own collection. Here I take the opportunity to upload the image of a 1/32 Rupee of Muhammad Shah.......... I hope I am correct as the coin shows only Muhammad on one side.......

Amit

PS: This is not my coin but I saw it this morning and thought of sharing it.......
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 03:19:59 AM by asm »
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

Offline Oesho

• Honorary Member
Re: 1/32 Rupee of Muhammad Shah......
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 11:22:37 PM »
Dear Amit,
 The attribution is correct. Khujista Bunyad (Aurangabad). The 1/32 pieces of this mint are for one reason or the other not that rare. They are offered from time to time, but this specimen is better than most others as it may be dated AH1157/Ry.27.
The regnal year can be observed on the left image and the hijri date on the right image.

Offline asm

• Honorary Member
  • Ahmedabad, India
Re: 1/32 Rupee of Muhammad Shah......
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 03:18:04 AM »
Thanks a lot Oesho......... I will inform the person who had the coin the details and I am sure he would be very happy.

I am surprised at the amount of information that is there on this tiny coin........... It is difficult to get so much out of quite a few rupees.......

Amit

Offline Oesho

• Honorary Member
Re: Muhammad Shah, 1/32 Rupee Mint:Khujista Bunyad (Aurangabad), AH1157/RY27
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 07:53:49 PM »
Below the specimen from my collection which shows the complete date 1157, but is missing the regnal year.

Offline asm

• Honorary Member
  • Ahmedabad, India
Re: Muhammad Shah, 1/32 Rupee Mint:Khujista Bunyad (Aurangabad), AH1157/RY27
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 11:37:25 AM »
An excellent coin showing sharp features.

Amit