Author Topic: Shah Alam I Bahadur. Rupee (Standard & Heavy) Akbarabad.  (Read 2872 times)

Offline capnbirdseye

• Vic
  • Honorary Member
Re: Shah Alam rupee ?
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2011, 05:07:37 PM »
Visible inscriptions on both coins appear identical to me, there's even a faint hint of worn away ornament to the left of Shah on my coin
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 12:14:55 PM by capnbirdseye »
Vic

Offline Coinsforever

• Honorary Member
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2017, 05:42:04 PM »
following previous informations, here a similar rupee of Akbarabad mint  / yr.4, but of 1 tola weight : (11,91g for this coin ) a scarce type I think already known for Patna mint. Shah Alam Bahadur introduced this standard weight for the gold mohur and only few rupees have been struck at this weight.

Fantastic coin in your collection. Any more details are available at zeno also.
Cheers  ;D
Every experience, good or bad, is a priceless collector's item.

http://knowledge-numismatics.blogspot.in/

Offline saro

• Honorary Member
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2017, 10:55:14 PM »
Fantastic coin in your collection. Any more details are available at zeno also.

Thank you Coinsforever to have dig out my 2011 post. I have had a look at Zeno to see... my coin...
I have to say that this rare coin is still with me; I purchased it near a well known french coins dealer and bought it only as a nice rupee of Shah Alam I and it's only few days later, weighing it, that I discovered that it was a very scarce one.... indeed a very good surprise :)
"All I know is that I know nothing" (Socrates)

Offline Coinsforever

• Honorary Member
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2017, 10:06:53 AM »
Thank you Coinsforever to have dig out my 2011 post. I have had a look at Zeno to see... my coin...
I have to say that this rare coin is still with me; I purchased it near a well known french coins dealer and bought it only as a nice rupee of Shah Alam I and it's only few days later, weighing it, that I discovered that it was a very scarce one.... indeed a very good surprise :)

Lucky you to get the surprised rare coin .Weighing of coin is key and digital scale is important tool if we are into collecting such heavy rupees .

Cheers  ;D
Every experience, good or bad, is a priceless collector's item.

http://knowledge-numismatics.blogspot.in/