Author Topic: Bronze Celt REMEN (lvcotios) / Imitation of LT.8821  (Read 2250 times)

Offline bubba

• detectorist
Bronze Celt REMEN (lvcotios) / Imitation of LT.8821
« on: September 24, 2008, 08:47:02 PM »
hi ;D

this coin I found last year

IT IS a very rare coin ,and In great condition :o

gr bubba (determined by: catuvolcos/lucotios/jvlivs) ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 09:51:18 PM by Figleaf »

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Re: Bronze Celt REMEN (lvcotios) / Imitation of LT.8821
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 10:02:21 PM »
What a gorgeous piece! Not so abstract you no longer recognize the original, yet far enough from the original to be an original itself. You can see the scenario. The hated Romans finally leave. No more young men disappearing into the Roman army, no more check points, no more taxes, no more harsh army justice, no more coins...

Hey, wait a minute. Those coins were useful. You can trade with them, bury them, keep them until you need them or spend them to get allies. No more coins! Now, what shall we do? Well, we'll have to make them ourselves...

I can imagine the struggle, the bickering, even the initial disappointment when the new coins just weren't as good, inevitably leading to shrugging, maybe even the secret realization that abstract can actually look good.

This beauty is not just a coin. It's a history lesson. And you just found it. Dug a hole in the ground and pulled it out. Do you realize how many holes in the beach I made when I was young and vigorous? Life's unfair...

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

BC Numismatics

Bronze Celt REMEN (lvcotios) / Imitation of LT.8821.
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 05:19:17 PM »
Is that an ancent British coin? If so,then it would be of interest to me.I hope that one day I will get the ancient British kingdoms' coins represented.

Aidan.

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Re: Bronze Celt REMEN (lvcotios) / Imitation of LT.8821
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 09:45:53 AM »
See this wiki page for where the Remi dwelled.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.