Luxembourg KM 60.2, does it exist?

Started by Figleaf, May 09, 2010, 11:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Figleaf

KM lists a variant of the Luxembourg 5 francs 1986 and 1987 with a larger crown (KM 60.2) at the same price as the same date "normal" type (KM 60.1). I have never seen this variant and my contact in Luxembourg (not a big time collector, though) hasn't seen it either. Can anyone confirm that it exits?

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

bart

KM discribes the type as "larger crown". I also heard the description "crown touching/not touching rim". I always thought it had to do with a smaller or broader rim.

Bart

Figleaf

The lowest leaves in the wreath as well, I see. Thanks, Bart. That clears it up quite nicely.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Globetrotter

Hi,

the documentation of this km60.1 versus km60.2!

Figleaf

I think Bart could very well be right, Ole. It looks like this has more to do with the rim than with the design. See the distance between the rim and the leaves at around 6 o'clock.

It may even be just a question of the pressure with which the coin was struck: slightly higher pressure gives broader rim, brings rim closer to design. Note the straightforward relation between the width of the rim and the distance between the rim and the design at 6 and 12 o'clock.

Globetrotter

You're right, but it's still easier to see touch or no touch. Anyway I have added the rims in the boxes