News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Nāsir ad-Dīn Naṣrat Shāh - elucidation requested & some doubts...

Started by Paulsoumyaj, September 30, 2021, 12:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulsoumyaj

Got this Nāsir ad-Dīn Naṣrat Shāh recently. 25.3mm | 10.54gm |

Requesting experts help on mint & year identification.

The coin came spanking clean and without any test mark. Am I being a paranoid and doubting its authenticity?

Thnx.   

Seeker55

I don't know the mint and didn't notice this coin in a quick look through Goron/Goenka and Zeno, but can say a couple of things. There's a date of 935 about 7 o'clock on the second photo. Also, there seem to be a lot of silver tankas of the Bengal Sultans around in excellent condition, with no test marks, so I would not be suspicious for those reasons alone. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable on these coins will come along and be able to identify it more completely for you.

Figleaf

You are not paranoid. Just careful. ;)

I would suggest a PM to Md. Shariful Islam. He's friendly and good with these coins.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Manzikert

I think this is G&G B837, known dated 926, 928-936. The G&G plate coin also has no test marks. This one looks OK to me.

Alan

Md. Shariful Islam

Paulsoumyaj

Thanks a lot Seeker55, Peter, Alan and Shariful bhai.

Seeker55

Just for the record, I concur with the excellent attributions of Manzikert and Md. Shariful Islam that it is B837 from Muhammadabad mint, and looks genuine.