News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

UK Penny and Half Penny collection

Started by gpimper, November 17, 2020, 07:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brandm24

That's a nice 1806, Dale. So many of these old copper have been beat up by the passage of time...sometimes on purpose.

Bruce
Always Faithful

Prosit

Thanks
It has a lamination of some sort at 7 o'clock but it still looks good for 214 years old.

Dale

Quote from: brandm24 on November 27, 2020, 10:42:07 PM
That's a nice 1806, Dale. So many of these old copper have been beat up by the passage of time...sometimes on purpose.

Bruce

brandm24

Yeah, I see it now. Hard to tell what it is...maybe a small gough or ding. It doesn't distract at all though because of where it is. As a matter of fact I didn't even notice it until you mentioned it.

Bruce
Always Faithful

Prosit

Close up of the flaw.

Dale

brandm24

Looks like something struck the coin and peeled back a bit of copper. Are those two small lines die cracks?

Bruce
Always Faithful

Prosit

No, just paper lint from the holder.

Dale

Quote from: brandm24 on November 28, 2020, 11:14:03 AM
Looks like something struck the coin and peeled back a bit of copper. Are those two small lines die cracks?

Bruce

brandm24

Quote from: Mister T on December 02, 2020, 09:29:38 PM
Do you know which Freeman number the 1861 is?
No, I'm sorry I don't know.

Bruce
Always Faithful

bhx7

Here is one of my favourite pennies. This one being quite rare as it is the large Rose variety

Brian

bhx7

Another favourite, this time a 1932 George V penny. This one I am very proud to own as it is an Ex Copthorne Collection; Auctioned by Colin Cooke 17th May-24 May 2016
One of a couple I won. The first photo is the auction pic against white; the second is my pic against black, for comparison.

Brian