2019 coins in circulation

Started by eurocoin, February 23, 2019, 10:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FosseWay

When I was in the UK the other week I got numerous 2019 £1s and one (slightly grotty) 2019 Dent 50p in change, but no 20p.

eurocoin

The first Sherlock Holmes 50p coins originating from the cash centres have now been found in general circulation.

Alan71

Quote from: eurocoin on April 05, 2019, 12:29:53 PM
The 2019-dated 20p coin is now in circulation.
And it only took me four months to get one, yesterday!  Indeed, my first one dated after 2016.

eurocoin

On April 1 of this year, the Royal Mint had not yet started production of at least the following denominations: 1p, 2p and 2 pounds.

eurocoin

The Paddington at the Tower of London 50p coin has today been released by the cash centres. The first collectors have reported having found them in sealed bags obtained from banks and post offices.

eurocoin

The Paddington Bear at St. Paul's Cathedral 50p coin can now be found in general circulation.

paddyirish

Currently have £1, Dent 50p, Holmes 50p, Paddington @St. Paul's 50p and 20p.  Slim pickings...

Alan71

Quote from: paddyirish on December 19, 2019, 11:44:02 PM
Currently have £1, Dent 50p, Holmes 50p, Paddington @St. Paul's 50p and 20p.  Slim pickings...
Similar here but also have 5p.  Received three of those recently.

Seen a fair few newly-issued 2017-dated 1p coins lately, suggesting the 2019 hasn't been issued yet.

eurocoin

Interesting, you are the first to report having found 2019-dated 5p's in circulation.

eurocoin

Based on information that I was just provided by The Royal Mint I do not expect that the mintage figures of the 2019-dated coins for general circulation will be released any time soon. There is even a chance that it will not be before the end of the year.

eurocoin

The mintage figures of the 2019-dated coins minted for general circulation will be released around December 21.

eurocoin

Quote from: eurocoin on December 10, 2020, 03:24:31 PM
The mintage figures of the 2019-dated coins minted for general circulation will be released around December 21.

This has now been postponed until January. Really nothing at the mint is going according to plan this year  :(

Deeman

The 2019 5p's have reached Devon! Got my first today.

Deeman

Quote from: eurocoin on December 24, 2020, 07:59:23 PM
This has now been postponed until January. Really nothing at the mint is going according to plan this year  :(

Time is running out. Looks like another false dawn looming.

eurocoin

Quote from: Deeman on January 28, 2021, 02:40:51 PM
Time is running out. Looks like another false dawn looming.

I am not even going to bother trying to find out the new release date. Will just post them on the forum once they are out. Everything is a mess, also at other mints.