Shah Jahan, AE Dam, Ahmadabad mint, RY 6, Ilahi month (10) Di; KM#206.9

Started by Overlord, October 24, 2009, 03:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Overlord

Mass=19.9 g

Obverse Falus Shah Jahan [Copper coin (of) Shah Jahan]; RY 6

Reverse (Zarb) Ahamadabad Ilahi Mah Di (Struck at Ahmadabad in the Divine month Di)

Figleaf

I was going to write that you lost me on this one, until I realized my eyes refused to see the coin as it is, but insisted on making relief incuse and vice versa. Even then, it was difficult to force the brain to see things correctly. I have nothing but admiration for your analysis. You bring coins to life that end up in rummage trays in some parts of the world and in a melter's oven in other parts.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Overlord

I tried photographing in again, this time under direct sunlight, but the result is only slightly better. The details are actually much clearer with the coin in hand.

Obverse

Reverse

Rangnath

I put some more light on it. Perhaps this helps.
richie

Figleaf

What's left of my brain is playing tricks with me. I now see all pictures normally. Meanwhile, you all have added some excellent pictures to the thread. Thanks.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Overlord

Thanks Richie. Those images show the details very clearly, at least on my monitor.

asm

Richie,
Your magic wand has once again done the trick. Thanks a lot. It has become so much easier to read the coin now. (BTW, you have altered the sequence of the 2 images)
Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

Rangnath