Y-E38.1 20 CASH

MORGENSTERNN

This one from Sinkiang
Y-B39.1 10 CASH

MORGENSTERNN

From the Kashgar mint (Sinkiang)
KM-43.3 5 MISCALS Silver

MORGENSTERNN

A very crude coin from Aksu mint (Sinkiang)
C-30-18 10 CASH

MORGENSTERNN

And a Shensi mint coin with a double strike error making appears on the flag two suns instead of one
C-23-13 CASH

MORGENSTERNN

I can also add two Russian Roubles dated 1987 showing both flags

MORGENSTERNN

And 100 Lire 1981 from Italia

SquareEarth

Quote from: chrisild on January 31, 2012, 12:57:31 PM
Don't ask me. :) I don't wave flags, and I don't sing anthems, but if they are used (on certain holidays for example), fine with me. Here is a "not-so-obvious" flag on euro circulation coins, by the way: The French mid-range pieces (10, 20 and 50 cent) have the Tricolore background; in heraldry, horizontal stripes represent blue while vertical stripes mean red. So you see "blue" on the left, "white" in the middle, and "red" on the right - like on the flag.

Christian

I've red during childhood that when representing color in black and white map, red should always be vertical stripes, and blue horizontal stripes.

There must have been rules for other colors as well, but what are they? Is it from heraldry? Arts? Or cartography?
Tong Bao_Tsuho_Tong Bo_Thong Bao

chrisild

See here. :) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tincture_(heraldry)#Metals - particularly the "Metals" and "Colours" sections.

Christian

SquareEarth

Tong Bao_Tsuho_Tong Bo_Thong Bao

<k>

Cuba, 40 centavos, 1952.

50th anniversary of Cuban independence: the site of the battle of San Juan hill, where a tree has grown up through the debris of war.
Visit the website of The Royal Mint Museum.

See: The Royal Mint Museum.

chrisild

Interesting font use too. Not only are the C's and A's quite round, but the V looks like a U ... 40 centauos. :)

Christian

<k>

Papua New Guinea 100 kina 1980.jpg

Papua New Guinea, 100 kina, 1980.  Fifth anniversary of independence.

<k>

Suriname $400 2005.jpg

Suriname, $400, 2005.  30th anniversary of independence.

chrisild

Interesting that, even though they replaced the gulden/guilder by the dollar, Suriname did not introduce the plural-s that usually comes with it. :)

Christian