News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Dutch coin

Started by Prosit, August 16, 2009, 03:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prosit

The only package I remember trading for that never arrived was susposed to have this coin (among others) in it.
Whatever else was suspose to be in the package, I have long forgotten but this is a memorable coin  :)
Are they expensive these days to acquire?

Dale

chrisild

Should not be difficult or expensive. I have that piece; unfortunately the one I have is my only one. With a mintage of 16 million, that coin is not exactly rare. The price should be in the one digit range. Now if you wanted the silver version (400 pieces made, 40 of them melted later), expect to pay €2,000. ;)  And yet, that is a cute piece. The designer of the lion waving the flag was Tim van Melis, then 12 years old.

Christian

Figleaf

Cold comfort, but even a Dutchman wouldn't cheat for that piece. I have several available as duplicates.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Prosit

Quote from: Figleaf on August 16, 2009, 06:11:03 PM
Cold comfort, but even a Dutchman wouldn't cheat for that piece. I have several available as duplicates.

Peter

I never knew what happened to it...lost in the mail, mis-addressed most likely.

Sent a package to Austria once....it arrived very late and I was getting ready to send a duplicate package
when it arrived....it was marked showing it went to Australia on its way to Austria  :D

Had a package sent to me from somewhere in S America, once, it arrived after 6 weeks showing it went to two places in Europe before it came to the US  ???  Trade enough packages and some will go walk-about  ;D

Dale