News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Japan, Mon, 1626?

Started by Michiel, February 27, 2013, 07:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michiel

weight: 3,03 gramms
size: 23,5 mm aprox.

rev is plain

Is this a mon 1626?

pingu

Hello,

the piece is not from 1626. To recognise in the  sign to the left (the "feet" of Ho). ----> after 1668
1662 the sign ("Ei" - below) was written in the "nisui" style (Pictures follow...).
If I have time tomorrow, then i would the coin exact  determine. Is the material copper?

Greetings from Germany
+ 0.7°C - hopefully becomes spring...
pingu

Michiel

quite sure that its coper. the "white" (dont know the right word in english) stuff on the coin is making it hard to be complety sure about it.

-1c to the east  :-\, but spring is coming after tomorrow.

pingu

Hello,

to determine very difficultly....
I think which is a Hagiwara sen.
Hartill No.: 4.108
Cast in Kyoto, Sichijo, Yamashiro province 1700 - 1708.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The coin has a cast error which leads the attributation in the wrong direction.
The second horizontal line in the sign "Kan" is gap in the middle, so it looks like + +. (at least my eyes say this with the picture... ;))
I have not seen this with this type yet, however, this is Specially a regulation sign for coins of Nishihama, Fushimi in the Yamashiro Province (cast 1736-1740).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
From my collection 2 pieces of 1626.
These pieces are private productions and were not given by the state. This occurred only from 1636. They have the typical sign for early Kanei-Tsuho. The "Ho" (left) with the standing together feet. From 1668 the feet were 2 lines (Exceptions are coins of iron - they can also have later still this sign).
Absolutely typically for the first series is the writing-style of the character "Ei" (below).

excuses please the bad English - i use on-line translator
pingu
today 9°C and the snowdrop already blossom...

Michiel

hi pingu,

Then it will be this one. http://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=4063&pos=3

Even here they say its an variant!

-2c, but the sun is shining for the first time in an month

Michiel

This one I also have. The "pao" sigh, de right leg so to speak is different. Is this also the h4.108?
(next month the hartill early japanese coins book will also be in mine collection, till than......)

weight: 2,98 gramms
size: 23,5 mm aprox.

rev is plain