News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Graphics software

Started by Arminius, July 04, 2010, 09:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which graphics programme is best for World of Coins?

Photoscape (PC) free
5 (17.2%)
Paintshop Pro (PC) paid
7 (24.1%)
Irfanview (PC) free
3 (10.3%)
Graphic Converter (Mac) paid
2 (6.9%)
GIMP (PC, Linux) free
2 (6.9%)
Microsoft Paint (PC) paid
0 (0%)
PaintNet (PC) free
1 (3.4%)
Photoshop (PC, Mac) paid
7 (24.1%)
ACDSee (PC, Mac) paid
0 (0%)
Resizr (web-based) free
0 (0%)
Resizejpeg (web-based) free
1 (3.4%)
PicResize (web-based) free
1 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 28

bagerap

Vic,
                you have just made my day, if not my whole year. PhotoScape cuts out so many of the interim procedures needed with my current method. Mrs Bagerap will probably thank you too, as she complains that too much of my time is spent photo editing.

Bob

capnbirdseye

Quote from: bagerap on April 18, 2013, 11:24:05 AM
Vic,
                you have just made my day, if not my whole year. PhotoScape cuts out so many of the interim procedures needed with my current method. Mrs Bagerap will probably thank you too, as she complains that too much of my time is spent photo editing.

Bob

;D ;D  it is an amazingly good programme for free, circle cropping for coins is one of the best features & of course combining images side by side,  I've experimented with the quality slider versus small kb size and in order to keep the coin to a large size means low quality, all my photo's posted on WoC are lowest quality at around 64kb but look perfectly good
Vic

Bimat

I was the first person to recommend Photoscape. ;D ;)

http://www.worldofcoins.eu/forum/index.php/topic,6846.msg48531.html#msg48531

Have been using it for 4 years now without any issues. :)

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

capnbirdseye

Quote from: Bimat on April 18, 2013, 12:05:41 PM
I was the first person to recommend Photoscape. ;D ;)

http://www.worldofcoins.eu/forum/index.php/topic,6846.msg48531.html#msg48531

Have been using it for 4 years now without any issues. :)

Aditya

Sadly not,  ;D ;D :P :P :P you were beaten by Aiden of BC Numismatics  who mentioned it on  June 19, 2008, 12:19:10 AM
Vic

chrisild

And then there's GraphicConverter for Mac OS which I have been using since ... don't remember whether it was Julius Caesar or Charlemagne who recommended it. ;D  Anyway, it does that too.

Christian

Donnydave

Thank you I have been using photoscape for a few years now, and just found out this morning it is the 300 size that is ideal for the forum pics?

redwine

I use Paint.Net - it's free too! 8)
It has most of the features mentioned above but no batch processing  ::)  :'(
Always willing to trade.  See my profile for areas of interest.

malj1

I prefer Microsoft's Office Picture Manager - just click to compress for web page and save. Alternatively it will also re-size if required.
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

JoeYuk

I have been using photobucket as a backup for my pics and it resizes them
depending on what you are doing with them. 

jsamesgsfus

There is a new and very well executed website that allows you to reduce the image size to 70% and speed up the site, I tried it and got the best result, completely free and not requiring any type of registration.
I think you need to check this site https://www.resizejpeg.com/

Pabitra

Thanks
Seems to be very good.
Will try it.

Regards
Pabitra

jsamesgsfus

Thank you ,
Pabitra

Regard
James

Overlord

Should prove quite useful here. Thank you.

Globetrotter

Thank you!

I just tested it, and I cannot see any differences between the original 1.29 Mb and the resulting 179 Kb images!

OK, nowadays disk space is not very expensive, but if you can save 70% on all .jpg files, then it amounts to several tens of Gb for me!

Ole

Jostein

"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future" - John F. Kennedy

http://www.bimetallic-coins.com