News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

New commemorative coin 2024: Shri Ram Chandra Ji of Shahjahanpur

Started by Navaneeth, January 31, 2024, 03:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krishna

8 coins in 2024 already, i just tired to loot a bank yesterday, but just managed to miss the police by a whisker, im trying to accumulate sufficient illgotten wealth to collect all the coins released along with variations!!
wish me luck >:D

Figleaf

An Amsterdam coin dealer, Johan Mevius Sr., once told me how he'd handled that situation. He'd get five specimen of each new issue, selling one every year. He retired to a villa in the South of France.

As a student, I tried to emulate his model (I like the climate of the South of France), but found I didn't have Mevius' talent for selling. Fortunately, I eventually found a job in the financial sector that provided the income to sustain my expensive hobby. However, when I noticed most of my budget going to new issues I didn't care about, I instituted a "rule" where I'd spend money on coins only if it was issued before 1946 (unless I could pluck it out of circulation).

There's a message in this post, but I don't know what it is :-X

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

quaziright

Quote from: krishna on May 02, 2024, 06:32:15 AM8 coins in 2024 already, i just tired to loot a bank yesterday, but just managed to miss the police by a whisker, im trying to accumulate sufficient illgotten wealth to collect all the coins released along with variations!!

Looking at those pictures. It seems that these are all Blister unc or proof coins. I can imagine those easily go for $20-$30 a pop? That's already $160-$240.
Im curios if these sell with a good premium later? That's hardly the case with Canadian/ US coins with a few exceptions.
But to figleafs point, just draw a line in the sand and say no more. I did that with the €2 euro commems after 2022. At some point they are too many, too expensive and the feeling of resentment of how much I end up paying for them vs appreciating them in my collection was beginning to tilt to the former.

Navaneeth

Quote from: krishna on May 02, 2024, 06:32:15 AM8 coins in 2024 already, i just tired to loot a bank yesterday, but just managed to miss the police by a whisker, im trying to accumulate sufficient illgotten wealth to collect all the coins released along with variations!!

Best of luck.