News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

1870-1970 commemorative Ruble

Started by gpimper, December 09, 2020, 02:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gpimper

I tried to search this thread but it is pretty extensive...sorry if this is a dup.  1970 V. Lenin Commemorative one Ruble coin.  https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces4591.html
The Chief...aka Greg

Figleaf

In commemoration of the birth of Lenin: СТО ЛЕТ СО ДНЯ РОЖДЕНИЯ В.И.ЛЕНИНА - 100 years from the birth of V. I. Lenin. He was not very tall, as can be seen in this picture, taken on Moscow's red square. ОДИН РУБЛЬ 1 ruble. Though it has no mintmark, the coin was struck in Leningrad, now known as Санкт-Петербург (Sankt-Peterburg, note the absent s before the b :))

Peter (who is no saint :))
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Gusev

Super Photo. :like:
Peter, how did you get into this company with Lenin and Marx? And why is there no Frederick (Engels)?
"Those at the top of the mountain didn't fall there."- Marcus Washling.

Figleaf

It was at a Moscow peace conference, where I suggested that the matter be decided by a boxing match, rather than revolution and war. The boxing match did take place, but the deal fell apart when neither Marx nor Engels would support it. I was so disgusted I gave up time travel and donated my time travel machine to <k>. :D

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Gusev

I'm waiting with interest to see what will show to "к". :)
"Those at the top of the mountain didn't fall there."- Marcus Washling.