Author Topic: Delhi Sultanate, Khiljis: Nasir Al-Din Khusru (Apr 15-Sep 5,1320), 2 Gani, D296  (Read 1952 times)

Offline Overlord

• Honorary Member
  • Tamdiu discendum est, quamdiu vivas
    • Collect Old Coins
Delhi Sultanate, Khiljis: Nasir Al-Din Khusru (April 15, 1320 to September 5, 1320; AH 720); Billon 2 Gani (Ref. R1057, Goron D296, T434)

For information on Khusru, and the 6 Gani coin, see this thread.

Mass=3.5 g

Obverse Al Sultan Al Azim Nasir Al-Dunya Wa Al-Deen [The Sultan, the Magnificent, Defender (of) the World and the Faith], 720 (AH)

Reverse In circle: Khusrow Shah; Margin: Al Sultan Wali Amir Al Momenin [The Sultan, Friend/Governor (of the) Commander of the Faithful]

« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 10:33:39 PM by capnbirdseye »

Offline Rangnath

• Honorary Member
That was wonderful Overlord. 
I absolutely LOVE this coin!  I find the calligraphy compelling.  Is it my fever returning? 
As for H1N1,
I should imagine that my Moslem friends find the name "swine" flu rather course. 
richie

Offline asm

• Honorary Member
  • Ahmedabad, India
Overlord,
The coin is an excellent and well preserved specimen. The Sultan ruled for a few months only and hence the number of coins issued would be few and to find such a beautiful one would need a lot of luck.
You have done an even more wonderful job explaining the legend on the coin.
Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

Offline Overlord

• Honorary Member
    • Collect Old Coins
Thanks Richie and asm. The strike on this one is indeed quite crisp. Must have required a really powerful blow.

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Museum piece, Overlord. What a great find and how wonderfully analyzed.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline Overlord

• Honorary Member
    • Collect Old Coins
I found another.  :)
Nowhere near the first coin in terms of grade, but shows portion of the legend not visible in that example.

Obverse

Reverse