Rutherglen Omnibus Co.
The earliest "omnibuses" in Glasgow seem to have run to meet the passenger-boats on the Clyde in 1834. They quickly followed on suburban routes.
In 1839 the Rutherglen omnibus service was run by Wylie and Lochhead and left from outside their furniture shop at 164 Argyll Street, stopping at Townhead railway depot. They also ran the service to Parkhead and Shettleston. The omnibus service was temporarily abandoned due to the escalating price of corn.