KCM

From World of Tokens
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cor Mariae.jpg

The Cor Mariae school was founded by the congregation of the Sisters of Love in 1889, with support from the bishop of Haarlem's office in Oude Molstraat 36, The Hague. The vocation of the school was to train young catholic women to be teachers. When the first pupil of the school passed the state's teacher's exam, it obtained financial support from the state. In 1899, the school could expand. By 1917, the school could move to a new building on Oude Molstraat 34. In 1963, the school moved to a modern building on Helenastraat 11. Photo: Google maps.

De-segmentation and reform of the education system changed the character of the school. In 1970, the first boys were admitted. In 1983, the last religious director left in 1983, when the school was merged with a catholic school for training kindergarten teachers, Maria Regina. In 1984, the school became known as Haagse Katholieke Pabo (The Hague catholic training school) after a merger with the Mariahoeve Pabo, a formerly boys only training school. This complex of schools was merged with similar schools in Rotterdam and Heemstede to form Katholieke Pedagogische Hogeschool West Nederland (catholic training school West Netherlands), now part of the Leiden school for tertiary professional education (Leidse Hogeschool voor Beroepsonderwijs). The building on Helenastraat was vacated in 1963. It now houses another school.

Cor Mariae training college
TCM1.jpg
Filename TCM1
Side 1 KCM cypher
Side 2 blank
Manufacture Copper-nickel
Size (mm) 22.6
Weight (grams) 4.63
Notes
Source Figleaf