|Tokens Manufactured by||Woollen & Co.|
|More Info|| Wikipedia|
The Dundee Corporation took over from the Dundee and District Tramway Company on 1st June 1899. The Corporation already owned the tracks. It embarked on an electrification scheme that was started in 1900 and completed in 1902. In 1912, a trolleybus line was opened, but - owing largely to the use of solid rubber tyres - it was closed again in 1914. The Corporation started to add bus lines in the 1930s. Development of the tram network was halted after 1933. The last tram ran on 26th October 1956.
From 1920, bus services in Dundee were offered by a subsidiary of the Scottish Motor Traction Co. (SMT): Dundee Mechanical Transport Company. In 1949, SMT started using its subsidiary W Alexander & Sons instead. In 1961, Alexander was split up and Dundee was assigned to Alexander (Northern). After a reorganisation in the late 1970s, this became Northern Scottish. After deregulation by the Transport Act of 1985, Northern Scottish merged with parts of Midland Scottish to form Strathtay Scottish. In 1989, Strathtay became part of the Traction Group, which was sold to Stagecoach in 2005.
- 1869-1878 East End Bus
- 1878-1899 Dundee & District Tramways Company Ltd
- 1866-1871 Peebles, Peter
- 1852-1878 Robertson, John M
- 1899-1956 Dundee City Tramways
- to 1975 Dundee Corporation Transport
- Dundee Trams & Buses, by Walter Burt, ISBN 9781445634722