Culter Paper Mills
Culter Paper Mills was founded in1750 at Culter. The site was aquired by Alexander Pirie & Sons of Aberdeen in 1864, who formed Culter Mills Paper Co Ltd in 186. It traded in specialised Paper Products, and rapidly expanded into a large, well-equipped facility. At this stage all production went to other Pirie Companies. In 1883 the Company was reconstituted into a Company of the same name as an independent concern. The mill closed around 1980.
This tokens allowed employees of the Culter Mills Paper Company free bus travel between Aberdeen and Peterculter.