East End Bus
David Stratton, cab proprieter and owner of the Star Inn, 56 Seagate, started an omnibus service in April 1869. Unlike John Robertson and Peter Peebles, who focussed on the west side of Dundee, David Stratton's service ran from HIgh Street to Stobswell, to the north east of the town centre.
The routes and stock were sold to the Dundee and District Tramway Company. They who took over the services on 1st February 1878.
|East End Bus|
|Add Desc.||East End Bus : Stratton 2d|
|Notes||Image from the RB Breingan collection auction 17/03/21,
courtesy of Simmons Gallery.