Author Topic: Man hole Cover Collection  (Read 14661 times)

Offline chrisild

• Honorary Member
  • NW · DE · EU
Re: Man hole Cover Collection
« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2021, 10:20:43 PM »
Turns out the whole thing is a big sticker - including the parts with the metallic appearance. And yes, the actual size of a real man hole cover.  8)

Background: This is a campaign about not throwing trash into the sewer system (KMIA = Kein Müll ins Abwasser, www.kmia.de). There are several in Düsseldorf (NW, DE) with various themes. The red "A" is part of a, hmm, scavenger hunt: Find all man hole cover stickers, combine the letters, and win something ...

Christian

Offline Afrasi

• Honorary Member
  • To do is to doo be dooh ...
« Reply #91 on: November 18, 2021, 12:52:08 AM »
Send it to a grading company! ;-)

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2021, 11:02:23 AM »
It's fun, original, creative and really well executed. I can't believe this was thought up by government officials :-X BTW, the QR code worked when I scanned it on my screen.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline FosseWay

• Honorary Member
  • Göteborg, Sverige
« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2021, 11:31:08 AM »
It reminds me of an advertising campaign here from a few years ago:

This was a campaign to stop people flushing items other than human waste down the toilet, which, as the fake manhole cover above notes, causes large blockages. To get the joke you need to know that the Swedish verb att skita i is usually used as an idiom to mean "don't worry about", "ignore", but here has the literal meaning of "defecate in". So you'd read it first as "Some things you should just ignore", but then when you get to "toilets, for example" you realise it does really mean "Some things you should only crap in".