Author Topic: New Booking: Kolkata Mint  (Read 5921 times)

Offline kansal888

• Honorary Member
New Booking: Kolkata Mint
« on: March 22, 2011, 02:38:46 AM »
Dear Friends

Kolkata Mint has started booking of following coin sets from today:

Mother Teresa: Proof (Rs 3800), Unc (Rs 3350)
Tagore: Proof (Rs 3800), Unc (Rs 3350)
Commonwealth Games: Proof (Rs 4000), Unc (Rs 3550)
Louis Braille: Proof (Rs 200)

My observations:

(a) Prices have hit the roof. Mint is charging very high prices from us
(b) Tagore & Commonwealth Games are being booked again
(c) Louis Braille 2 Rs proof is same as the one sold by SPMCIL at Indipex. Those who missed it there can book it now.
(d) The coins can be booked online at Kolkata Mint's website. Its a small matter although that no one is available to register at mints website due to some internal error.

Regards
Sanjay Kansal

Offline aan09

• Honorary Member
Re: New Booking: Kolkata Mint
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 02:58:28 AM »
In addition to information

Booking period 22.03.2011 to 30.04.2011

Source : Hindustan Times go to page 8 tenders
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 05:01:19 PM by aan09 »
Deserve before you desire-Play to win but win with fairness-Winning without values provides dubious fulfillment.

http://aan09-numismatics.blogspot.com/

Offline ashokns

• Reader
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 05:46:41 AM »
Thanks for the update...

I visited the website...and had to register to even view the "product booking"...why do they ask new users to upload identication documents ?

In any case, I registered and visited the "product booking" section...products are still not available for booking inspite of the newspaper advertisement stating the online booking is available from 22 March to 30 May..

Please let me if any update are availale..

Thanks.

Offline H

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 07:14:57 AM »
Is it possible to download the postal (snail mail) order form from the new Kolkata mint website? Or do we need to register to download that form as well?

Offline aan09

• Honorary Member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 07:23:16 AM »
...products are still not available for booking inspite of the newspaper advertisement stating the online booking is available from 22 March to 30 May..

Please let me if any update are availale..

I could imagine when advertisement published for booking from 22nd March and website of mint still not user friendly , later part is more interesting in contrary to advertisement  not all the coins are available for booking.

May be if they have separate  ??? user friendly website dedicated for dealers only  ::)

Cheers ;D

Deserve before you desire-Play to win but win with fairness-Winning without values provides dubious fulfillment.

http://aan09-numismatics.blogspot.com/

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 07:33:40 AM »
These prices are including postage, I presume? Also, there's no such advertisement in todays Mumbai HT.. ???

If you add up all the prices, you get a number little more than 22k. :o That's too much of money. I won't be buying any. I just saved 22,000 rupees. YaY!! ;D

Aditya
Caution. The low-hanging fruits are still there maybe for a reason.

Offline The Oracle

• Honorary Member
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 08:41:02 AM »
Dear Friends

(a) Prices have hit the roof. Mint is charging very high prices

The best is yet to come get ready for 6000 rs per set in the near future.   silver is going to go sky high. 

Offline H

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 12:44:16 PM »
Is it possible to download the postal (snail mail) order form from the new Kolkata mint website? Or do we need to register to download that form as well?

I looked around the Kolkata mint new website a bit, and I was able to locate the postal order form... I assume no registration needs to be made for postal order as they have not mentioned anything in the form.

I am attaching the form which is available as a hyperlink on the page http://igmkolkata.spmcil.com/SPMCIL/Interface/SellableProducts.aspx

Offline The Oracle

• Honorary Member
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 01:11:39 PM »
From Times of India: You can use the attached in the event that you can't access the website or don't receive the form via post. I've used printouts from newspaper clippings before; they are totally acceptable

you havent filled out your name and address in the recipients column  ;D

Offline The Oracle

• Honorary Member
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 01:15:03 PM »
I've been trying to register for a long time now...but it just does not accept my password....even though i have put 1 capital, 1 small, 1 number and 1 special character while ensuring the password 8 or more .....what did you use as a password ? maybe i can use something similar and try my luck again !

hmm

Offline repindia

• Meritorious Member
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 04:08:22 AM »
I was able to register myself-- used all junk data just to test the waters, but was able to do it find alright!  ;D

Now sometimes later to register myself with the right data.

Offline repindia

• Meritorious Member
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 04:16:46 AM »
BTW the price is inclusive of excise duty and tax as per the website. This might account for the higher price.

Offline ashokns

• Reader
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 08:18:22 AM »
Bookings are open on the website...payment by credit card or demand draft only...

Total cost : Rs. 7150 (1 set of UNC and 1 set of Proof coins)..

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 01:22:19 PM »
Payment by credit card? I personally believe that it is highly risky, especially when you are dealing with Kolkata mint.

Aditya
Caution. The low-hanging fruits are still there maybe for a reason.

Offline The Oracle

• Honorary Member
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 01:38:30 PM »
I was able to register myself-- used all junk data just to test the waters, but was able to do it find alright!  ;D

Now sometimes later to register myself with the right data.

yes lets hope the mint was also not testing the waters by letting your registration work.  i am slowly getting tired of coins.  i think i will restrict myself to giving advice rather than bother about actual coins