Author Topic: European suppliers for coin accessories  (Read 2884 times)

Offline stelios

European suppliers for coin accessories
« on: February 24, 2011, 07:55:33 PM »
Can anyone help to find a site that its based in europe for ordering coin and banknote sheets?
My searches always show me shops in US abd the shipping is expensive plus the taxes i have to pay here.
I recently ordered twice from LEUCHTTURM but i had bad experience from them. They seemed to be a reliable company but i was wrong.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 02:39:48 PM by <k> »

Offline a3v1

• Meritorious Member
Re: European suppliers for coin accessories
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 09:00:49 PM »
Hi Stelios,

Try www.importa.nl Their site is in English as well.
Regards,
a3v1
Over half a century of experience as a coin collector.
-------------
Money is like body fat: If there's too much of it, it always is in the wrong places.

Offline Abhay

• Honorary Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 02:12:26 AM »
Dear Stelios,

Here is another site, Prinz, based in Europe.

http://prinz.co.uk

Abhay
INVESTING IN YESTERDAY

Offline izotz

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 09:20:59 AM »
What kind of bad experience did you have? Bad supplies? Customer management?

Sometimes I use some Leuchtturm supplies and I have no complain about the quality. I get them from a Spanish website that gives some discounts, so I can't tell you about Leuchtturm company customer management.

Offline stelios

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 06:16:35 PM »
First time i ordered 2000 self adhesive coin holders and they sent me non adhesive. I contacted them and they told me they made a mistake so i sent them back i got the self adhesive
Second time was last October. We ordered many things with some of my friends but they didnt send us the coin and banknote sheets. They said they didnt have them in stock and we had to wait. We are still waiting   :(

Ps.1 I ordered directly from leuchtturm and not from a shop

Ps.2 We ordered many things and maybe thats why we had this problem, but still from a big company like them i didnt expect
       that they will be out of stock. Our order was big in size but not big in quantities of the same product

Offline stelios

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 06:22:27 PM »
Thank you a3v1 and Abhay for your recomendations but i cant find coin sheets on those sites.
Prinz.co is a bit expensive too and probably the shipping to because they are at GB

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 12:22:56 PM »
I get my album pages and cartons from this dealer:

http://www.mevius.nl/

The site does not mention them. but they have them. I ran into "not in stock" problems only once. I never ordered banknote album pages as I don't collect banknotes, so not sure they have them. You may be able to negotiate a special price for ordering an interesting quantity.

As for the "Importa" site, the coin pages are well hidden. You will find them here. Click on "Coinholderalbum" in the left sidebar, scroll down to fifth row, click on third column labelled "Set 10 leaves coinholders MH20 (for the 50 x 50 mm coinholders), 6,25"

Peter
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 12:32:57 PM by Figleaf »
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline Coinsforever

• Honorary Member
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 02:32:46 PM »
Price of these set of 10 Nos coin holder (66 mm x 66 mm)  leafs is quite reasonable.

Considering made in Taiwan leafs of similar set of 10 Nos is available here at price of 5,00.

Thanks for sharing this supplier's  data, will consider  as another alternative for future.

Cheers ;D

Every experience, good or bad, is a priceless collector's item.

http://knowledge-numismatics.blogspot.in/

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 02:53:48 PM »
Importa/Leuchtturm are good only if you are living in EU. (So basically not a problem for stelios ;)) But their shipping costs are very high, ranging from 20-35. So not so good for non EU collectors..

Another option is to order them from e-bay. There are couple of good dealers on e-bay who offer them for a good price and reasonable shipping cost. I know one such British dealer, but giving a direct e-bay link here can be violation of forum rules, drop me a PM if you want any further information.  8)

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.