Westair repros (WRL)

Started by Figleaf, October 30, 2007, 08:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bagerap

I have a few oddities floating around.

By the way Mr. Wine, the two shiny faux Egyptians are yours should you want them.

redwine

Very kind Mr. Bagerap  ;D
Do you have a piccy of the reverses of those as I feel a list coming on.....................  ::)
Always willing to trade.  See my profile for areas of interest.

redwine

Ooooh!  Many thanks Sir Bagerap  ;D

redwine

It is!!
WRL stamped on both sides.  Bargain! >:D

redwine

Here's a starter list - can't read the fine detail too well  :-[
Will check in due course............

WRL The .IMPERATORE. series

AVGVSTO 63a.C.14dC.
CARACALLA 188-217dC.
CLAVDIO 10aC. 54 d.C
COSTANTINO 280-337 d.C.
GALLIENO 218-268 d.C.
LICINIO PADRE 250-325dC.
TIBERIO 42a.C. 37d.C.
TRAIANO 53-117 d.C.

malj1

Saved an image of the "very rare coin" from eBay India:  ;D
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

Figleaf

VERY RARE Indo Greek coin, please! This is black-hole ignorance taken to a whole new level. No wonder the emperor is rolling his eyes. ::) How will this seller call a Portuguese eurocent? A British Indian real red gold mohur? You might have mentioned also that he is a top-rated seller with 100% positive feedback. :D :D :D

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Overlord

Quote from: Figleaf on December 29, 2014, 01:39:46 PM
This is black-hole ignorance taken to a whole new level.

Peter
Just came across this "feedback" on steel-tipped carbon arrows at Amazon. Couldn't help sharing.  :-X

Figleaf

I trust it was you who found the review helpful. Having not much to laugh about, I found it helpful also.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

redwine

2.18g
18.72mm
A nice gold colour not replicated in my scan 8)

constanius

This very fine medal went for $90 in an Australian auction held by Downies,  Auction 315, Lot 2872.  Boulton's Trafalgar Medal 1805 47mm in white metal (BHM 584, Eimer 960) Fine/VF  estimated at $100.

Shame about the WRL below the bust, someone must have been wearing the wrong glasses 8)

Pat

Pat

Figleaf

I guess the glasses were pink :o That's almost beyond belief. The Westair stuff is easy to spot even without the initials. A bit too crude, way too light, wrong colour. I can imagine how it could fool a newbie, but an auction house? ::)

Peter