Rwanda 100 Francs (2007)

Started by Bimat, January 03, 2011, 12:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bimat

The only coin from Rwanda I have..

Rwanda 100 Francs (2007), KM# 32. Which mint strikes coins of Rwanda?

Obverse

Reverse

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

chrisild

Rwanda has its coins made by various mints. As for this one, Gerhard Schön would tell you that it was produced in the UK by the Royal Mint. :)

Christian

Figleaf

Hey, you have an African coin that's not on Paul Baker's site ;) :D

With the help of Harald's web site:

• ifaranga is franc, so amafaranga is FRANCS
  • ijana is 100
  • Banki nkuru y'u Rwanda is NATIONAL BANK OF RWANDA

With the help of this site:

Rwanda never used proper arms, but only state symbols. The present symbol was adopted in 2001. lt combines different elements that are held together by a green ribbon. I think I see a sun upper center, a cogwheel (industry) lower center, coffee right, cotton (?) left, the outer objects may be scythes, the central object may be a basket of some sort and I can't read what's on the lower ribbon. The text on the upper ribbon is REPUBLIKA Y'U RWANDA.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Bimat

Thanks Peter and Christian. Which other mints mint Rwanda's coins apart from Royal mint? My first guess would be Paris!

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

andyg

Quote from: Numismatica on January 03, 2011, 02:59:18 PM
Thanks Peter and Christian. Which other mints mint Rwanda's coins apart from Royal mint? My first guess would be Paris!

Aditya

Not at all sure - only the 50 francs has the Paris privy marks though (either side of date).

always willing to trade modern UK coins for modern coins from elsewhere....

andyg

Quote from: Numismatica on January 03, 2011, 12:13:02 PM
The only coin from Rwanda I have..

hehe, it featured in this years quiz - did you spot that one?   8)
always willing to trade modern UK coins for modern coins from elsewhere....

Bimat

Quote from: andyg on January 03, 2011, 04:31:25 PM
hehe, it featured in this years quiz - did you spot that one?   8)
No I couldn't, basically because I didn't have it at that time, it has arrived less than 7 hours ago from Slovenia :-* (along with the Lesotho, Ethiopia and Venezuela bimetallic)..

Aditya

Harald

on the lower denominations the bank's name is also being changed from "banki nasiyonali" to "banki nkuru". the 10F is already out, the others will probably follow soon (if it hasn't happened yet). maybe the 1F and 5F will be skipped for being too low valued.

cheers
--
Harald
http://www.liganda.ch (monetary history & numismatic linguistics)

Enlil

Is there any mintages for these coins? I see that many African countries issue coins with a 10+ year hiatus. So the mitage must be large.

Harald

I'd rather guess that in some countries coins are not overly popular. so there is not enough demand.

cheers
--
Harald
http://www.liganda.ch (monetary history & numismatic linguistics)

Globetrotter

There are two different coins in that year!