Author Topic: A new MT dollar  (Read 836 times)

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
A new MT dollar
« on: November 22, 2010, 01:21:02 PM »
US Mint Offers Abraham Lincoln Dollar Coin with Sarah Palin on Reverse Side
by: Calvin Eaves, 11/19/2010

To coincide with the circulation release date of the coin, the United States Mint offered numismatic rolls of the Abraham Lincoln / Sarah Palin Presidential Dollar. The coin features Abraham Lincoln's portrait on the obverse of the coin, paired with an image of Sarah Palin on the reverse. Both images were designed and sculpted by United Stats Mint Sculptor-Engraver Don Everhart.

In an interview held in Alaska, Sarah Palin said, "I am very proud to be pictured on the same coin with one of our Nation's greatest founding fathers.  As a signer of the Declaration of Independence, Abraham Lincoln has long been one of my biggest heros.  He was our first president, and I will be the next one."

The current release is the latest in a number of new coin designs featuring Abraham Lincoln. Last, year four different reverse designs were created for the 2009 Lincoln Cent, depicting four different stages of his life. This was accompanied by the issuance of the Abraham Lincoln / Sarah Palin Silver Dollar, a commemorative coin with a limited mintage of 450,000 pieces

For the Abraham Lincoln / Sarah Palin Presidential Dollar, the United States Mint is offering 25-coin rolls from either the Philadelphia or Denver Mint. The circulating quality coins are contained in US Mint branded wrappers which indicate the issue, mint mark, and face value of the contents. Rolls are priced at $35.95 plus applicable shipping and handling.

Source: Spoof Times
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 08:48:10 PM by Figleaf »
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline Afrasi

• Honorary Member
  • To do is to doo be dooh ...
Re: A new MT dollar
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 07:33:07 PM »
Another also unknown US coin is this presidential Dollar:  ;D

Offline Ukrainii Pyat

• Collector of everything numismatic
  • Meritorious Member
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 09:11:22 PM »
I am sooooh glad she has her little reality show "Sarah Palin's Alaska" - because she is such an...

...Well you get it because she shoots any notion of a realistic presidential run down with all the decidedly unintelligent things she says on her show.
Донецк Украина Donets'k Ukraine

Offline chrisild

• Honorary Member
  • NW · DE · EU
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 09:38:33 PM »
Frankly, I am beginning to like Barbara Bush. :)

Christian

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 09:39:35 PM »
Unfortunately, the true-believing far rightists (and far leftists, for that matter) don't care about stupidity and scandal. They don't hear the first and believe the second is a dark plot hatched by centrists.

Our very own dumb blonde, Geert Wilders, is implicated in a number of scandals already (one parliamentarian of his party is a crook, wanted in Hungary, another is the terror of his neighbours, a third lied about his career). His true believers don't give a hoot.

Or consider Le Pen, who lied about his eyesight, got an large inheritance by "convincing" Hubert Lambert, a dying old man to disinherit his children and is implicated in torture of Algerian prisoners. All this is well known and his followers don't care. The only thing that wrecks extremist movements is internal strife. My hope's on Gingrich.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline Ukrainii Pyat

• Collector of everything numismatic
  • Meritorious Member
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 02:12:12 AM »
Frankly, I am beginning to like Barbara Bush. :)

Christian

She is known for saying what she really thinks and not pulling punches.  Back when her husband was president she chased after him swinging her tennis racket and told him off for taking reporters over to where she was playing tennis.  She is a very practical lady and was always popular as first lady. 
Донецк Украина Donets'k Ukraine