Author Topic: Aurangzeb, Narnol, KM#300.66  (Read 1341 times)

Offline asm

• Honorary Member
  • Ahmedabad, India
Aurangzeb, Narnol, KM#300.66
« on: October 30, 2010, 07:27:12 AM »
Aurangzeb, Rupee minted at Narnol KM#300.66

AH 1102 RY34

AH 1099 RY32

Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

Offline Salvete

• Honorary Member
Re: Aurangzeb, Narnol, KM#300.66
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 09:29:10 AM »
I note that your RY 32 example has one dot in the L of Narnol.  Your RY 34 has a group of five dots.  Ny RY 32 and 33 both have groups of 5 dots.  Again, I wonder if this will be seen to have some meaning when Akona gets the pictures of everybody's coins together......

Salvete
Ultimately, our coins are only comprehensible against the background of their historical context.

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 02:05:50 PM »
Type number 300, variety 66. Mind boggling. How far can/will you go to get all the mints?

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline asm

• Honorary Member
  • Ahmedabad, India
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 02:30:13 AM »
Type number 300, variety 66. Mind boggling.

Aurangzeb has his coins minted from over 100 mints....... The rupee above is type 300, mint 66.

How far can/will you go to get all the mints?
Peter

I had started out with trying to get one coin of each Mughal mint of each emperror..........later I toned it down to one coin of each Mughal mint (irrepective of the emperor) + I coin of each year of the ruler ......... seems to be an excersice in futility.........I generally give up fast, but here, my aim, though watered down, is still set.

I am now trying to collect as many mints as possible and as many years as possible with out being too bothered.

Amit
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 10:59:11 AM by asm »

Offline Salvete

• Honorary Member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 08:45:07 AM »
......and that would be before you try to get every variety of every date/Ry combo of every emperor........ Good Luck with that one  ;D !  Where you syop will depend on what particular interessts you develpo.  Maybe all dates and varieties from certain mints whose history you want to study  ;) ?

Salvete
Ultimately, our coins are only comprehensible against the background of their historical context.

Offline asm

• Honorary Member
  • Ahmedabad, India
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 11:02:08 AM »
......and that would be before you try to get every variety of every date/Ry combo of every emperor........ Good Luck with that one  ;D

As they say, still waters run deep...........I saw the pond which I took to be easily crossable.....now I am mired in the quisksand............and am unable to come out.........The question now is not when or where I will stop...........

Amit

Offline Salvete

• Honorary Member
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 11:23:28 AM »
Don't struggle!  You'll only sink deeper!

Salvete