Author Topic: Estonia's changeover to the euro has started  (Read 7637 times)

Offline Rasmus

• Rasmus Coin Pages
Re: Estonia's changeover to the euro has started
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2010, 07:32:21 PM »
well, i have some spare kits to trade :)

Offline Prosit

• Honorary Member
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2010, 08:18:01 PM »
I think they are kinda neat regardless of weather they have any numismatic value as a package.  Piece of history and all that.  What would be cool is if someone has a complete set of all the countries that had starter kits.  Might not be worth a lot  (I don't know) but would make an impressive display.

Dale

I don't think that these starter kits have any numismatic value as such, so paying a large premium wouldn't be a wise deal, but we always find some crazy collectors doing same.. ::)

Aditya

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
Estonia's changeover to the euro has started
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2010, 02:50:24 PM »
Sending the kit to India would be dangerous, I'm sure custom department will charge a heavy duty for it >:( :(

By any chance would you be interested in breaking a kit? ;D ;) In that case please let me know! 8)

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Offline Rasmus

• Rasmus Coin Pages
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2010, 06:34:38 PM »
So, according news at wednesday evening more than 350.000 kits are sold.
Estonian Bank will order extra 100.000 kit which will arrive at end of month.

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2010, 04:23:10 PM »
On a population of 1,340,000, estimating average family size at 3.25, that means that about 80% of Estonian families now have a starter kit. If the extra 100,000 kits are sold, that will rise to over 100%. That is amazing enthusiasm as well as trust in the new currency.

My take is that the trust is well founded. The euro wil protect Estonia from attacks by currency traders and its introduction is likely to induce an economic boom in 2011, followed by some inflation as unemployment goes lower.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline chrisild

• Honorary Member
  • NW · DE · EU
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2010, 12:09:34 PM »
That is amazing enthusiasm as well as trust in the new currency.

Judging from the number of dealers who currently offer those kits, I'd say there are other reasons. Well, other reasons too. 8)  Deutscher Münzexpress for example wants €27 for one kit. Trésor du Patrimoine even charges €34, and you may order up to five only. But at least you get a free Vatican 50 cent coin with each order, hehe.

Christian