Author Topic: Euro Quiz (twelve questions)  (Read 5098 times)

Offline chrisild

• Honorary Member
  • NW · DE · EU
Re: Euro Quiz (twelve questions)
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2010, 01:36:39 PM »
At least I now know how difficult it must be to write a good quiz or puzzle. A good one avoids issues such as multiple correct answers to one question ...  ::) Yes, you are right about the Portuguese castles - and I even had that in my solutions spreadsheet. First I wanted to post that whole thing here, but then I thought it would be easier to summarize the replies, and that it where that bit must have got lost. However, we still have two winners. So I just tossed a coin ...

Voilą - ciscoins gets 25 coins donated by Figleaf. izotz gets the coin card, and to make the two roughly equal, I'll add some junk piece. ;D  The total value will still be far from the equivalent of a pair of new shoes but should at least be sufficient for new shoe laces, hehe.

Christian

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Re: Euro Quiz (twelve questions)
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2010, 01:43:43 PM »
Many congratulations to the winners, Izotz, Ciscoins and Chrisild. Maybe we should have two first prizes. I'll work out a solution with Christian.

the fact is that you can find the euro coin designs in dozens of webs, so that you can check most of the questions. For some of them, you need a little extra effort, but not really much more.

These are wise words. You could do a similar quiz on UK or US coins and everyone should be able to find the answers on the net.

So why didn't I participate? For one thing, something that is known as "compliance" in financial markets. I don't want to profit in any way from running this site. I sometimes participate in these quizzes, but always make clear that I don't want to be mentioned as a participant. In this case, the quiz came in one of the busiest period of the year. I am currently helping to set up two international conferences and not getting enough sleep as it is. It will all be over next month.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.