JEHANGIR HALF RUPEE

Started by sekharkausik, July 25, 2010, 10:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sekharkausik

Jehangir half rupee from my collection. Though the coin is slightly misshaped i liked the coin in view  of the absence of any shroff mark disfigurement.

SEKHAR KAUSIK

akona20

It is interesting that you make the statement "the absence of any shroff mark disfigurement".

To me this adds a certain character and charm to coins that carry them. Perhaps you could explain for me a little more of your reasons for your statement.

Overlord

The mint is Patna; AH(102)9, RY15, Ilahi month Khurdad (Gemini). What is the mass?

sekharkausik

Quote from: Overlord on July 25, 2010, 10:46:35 AM
The mint is Patna; AH(102)9, RY15, Ilahi month Khurdad (Gemini). What is the mass?

Generally smaller coins are often difigured by shroff marks. In this coin the marks are visible on the circumference.  SEKHAR KAUSIK

Oesho

Application of shroff-marks depends very much from location and ruler. Coins of Jahangir are less shroff-marked as others. On coins of Patna i.n.o. Jahangir, you find one or two and often none.
Half rupees ore not more or less shroff-marked than rupees. The only half rupee listed on ZENO database isn't shroff-marked either.

sekharkausik

Quote from: Oesho on July 25, 2010, 03:32:03 PM
Application of shroff-marks depends very much from location and ruler. Coins of Jahangir are less shroff-marked as others. On coins of Patna i.n.o. Jahangir, you find one or two and often none.
Half rupees ore not more or less shroff-marked than rupees. The only half rupee listed on ZENO database isn't shroff-marked either.

Thank you .