News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

If you read Dutch ...

Started by Figleaf, July 09, 2010, 02:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Figleaf

... you may want to download the 2009 annual report of the Royal Dutch Mint:

http://www.knm.nl/CmsData/FCKUploads/file/KNM_Jaarverslag_2009.pdf

To download reports of earlier years, simply change the date in the URL.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

chrisild

For a supposedly dull ;) annual report, that is very nicely designed. Did not read the entire thing, but it never ceases to amaze me that for a central bank in Central America or Southern Africa it makes sense economically to by their coins from pretty far away: "In het verslagjaar zijn buitenlandse circulatiemunten geproduceerd voor de Centrale Banken van onder andere Nicaragua, Guatemala, Namibië en Luxemburg." I know that other mints (e.g. in Canada, France and the UK) are very active in that regard too, but -- what volume or weight should I "typically" think of here?

Christian

Figleaf

That information is what I look at first also. From other annual reports, my impression is that about 15 to 25% of annual production is for foreign entities. I find that surprisingly high, but encouraging for the chances of survival of the Utrecht mint.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Bimat

Quote from: chrisild on July 09, 2010, 11:50:48 AM
but it never ceases to amaze me that for a central bank in Central America or Southern Africa it makes sense economically to by their coins from pretty far away:
That amazes me as well.India has given contracts to many foreign mints to strike our coins-Mexico,Slovakia, Birmingham,Pretoria,S.Korea,Moscow..to name a few.It must not be a viable deal for any country,I suppose.

In last few years,Indian mints have increased their capacity.For last 10 years,not a single tender has been given to any foreign mint :)

Aditya

It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.