CNBCs World most beautiful currencies

Started by Austrokiwi, May 22, 2010, 09:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Abhay

No doubt that this link shows some of the world's most beautiful currencies, but I find this 2 Dollar Note from BERMUDA also very beautiful. It is a hybrid Note.

Abhay
INVESTING IN YESTERDAY

Austrokiwi


Bimat

Quote
Hybrid note?   What is that?
Check this:
http://www.worldofcoins.eu/forum/index.php/topic,5518.0.html

And on other forum,I found this:

A Hybrid note is basically referred to banknotes printed on part cotton paper and part polymer. The non paper part comprises of a polymer strip of vertical translucent band which usually cover a see-through register and the transparent window is usually in oval or square shape. For example of a Hybrid note is that Bulgaria commemorative 20 leva issued in 2005 or the recent Tonga 100 Pa'anga note. At the moment, only 2 companies printing them, G&D and DLR. Other countries have issued Hybrid notes are Fiji $100 (2007), Kazakhstan 10,000 Tenge, Samoa 50 & 100 tala (2008), Latvia 100 lats and Qatar 100 and 500 Riyals (2007). Most notes are printed on high denomination, except the Bulgaria note.


Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Ukrainii Pyat



They only show reverse of this French Polynesian note.  I like also the front of this note:



So this 10.000 Franc note makes you think of paradise, and yes, the lovely ladies.
Донецк Украина Donets'k Ukraine

Ukrainii Pyat

Донецк Украина Donets'k Ukraine

Zantetsuken

Quote from: engipress on May 23, 2010, 06:39:17 AM
No doubt that this link shows some of the world's most beautiful currencies, but I find this 2 Dollar Note from BERMUDA also very beautiful. It is a hybrid Note.

Abhay

Wow! I don't think they could come more colorful than this. That's a real beauty you have there. It seems alot of the tropical countries have some of the most colorful notes. Thanks for sharing.

~Daniel

Figleaf

That note is on the subject of Nicolae Grigorescu, an important Romanian painter. No wonder it's colourful ;)

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Zantetsuken

Now if they can only make the currency in my country more colorful (United States). It could certainly use it. ;D

~Daniel

Ukrainii Pyat

Quote from: Figleaf on June 25, 2010, 12:59:38 PM
That note is on the subject of Nicolae Grigorescu, an important Romanian painter. No wonder it's colourful ;)

Peter

Ah yes, one of my favourite Romanian painters.  As you can see from my avatar, I like fine art, especially with lovely ladies.

Speaking of Grigorescu - he also designed banknotes which are works of art by themselves:



And you will see his name in the lower left corner of the note.
Донецк Украина Donets'k Ukraine

Bimat

Here is another list of 10 most beautiful banknotes of the world. And many of them are indeed very beautiful. :)

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

chrisild

Ahem. A-hem! Not your fault, Aditya, but ... that article was originally published more than a year ago. http://www.walletpop.co.uk/2010/03/15/the-worlds-most-beautiful-banknotes/ And apparently the Chinese editors did not correct the nonsense that the British editors wrote in 2010. ("Even the euro notes, a brand new currency, hardly set the world on fire, despite coming with many different designs that vary from country to country.") Umm, I would not call the euro brand new, nor would I call a denomination a "country". ;D

As for the designs, well, Cook Islands notes may be nice, but would they be in circulation? The JP II note from Poland I find interesting because it is a commemorative note, and there aren't that many in the world anyway. The one from Yemen I like because of the combination of the mosque in the foreground and the blue sky in the background. And the Canadian notes they show ... well, the people and scenes depicted I do not find that appealing, but in terms of overall style and color they are good.

Christian

Ukrainii Pyat

Quote from: chrisild on July 15, 2011, 05:56:17 PM


As for the designs, well, Cook Islands notes may be nice, but would they be in circulation? The JP II note from Poland I find interesting because it is a commemorative note, and there aren't that many in the world anyway. The one from Yemen I like because of the combination of the mosque in the foreground and the blue sky in the background. And the Canadian notes they show ... well, the people and scenes depicted I do not find that appealing, but in terms of overall style and color they are good.

Christian

The Cook Islands notes were withdrawn several years ago, and replaced with New Zealand notes.

Myself, I like notes that combine "coolness" with lots of colour:

Донецк Украина Donets'k Ukraine

Bimat

It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Bimat

It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.