Linked Events

• ? 2 special Belgium: April 16, 2006

Author Topic: 2 special Belgium  (Read 5205 times)

Offline bigmoustache

• collecting coins is a full job
2 special Belgium
« on: April 08, 2006, 06:24:12 PM »
The coin will be available in the national bank ( Kortrijk ) on 16 april
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 10:15:16 AM by Figleaf »

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Re: 2 special Belgium
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 10:16:32 AM »
Thanks BM. I linked your announcement to the calendar, so we'll all be reminded on when to go to Belgium? ;D

Figleaf
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline bigmoustache

• collecting coins is a full job
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 08:50:40 AM »
Picture of the special ?2 coin Belgium 2006

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 06:28:44 PM »
I hear there's a copyright on pictures of the Atomium. I wonder how much the Belgian state has to pay the copyright holders for each coin minted  :D

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline muntenman

• SPERAMUS MELIORA RESURGET CINERIBUS
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 11:34:36 PM »
You have polished the Atomium recentley shiny bright... but does the Belgian nationale Bank also???

You see Atomium coin position A and B normally ???... or somewhere in between... which the Germans sell as quarter to nine or three or whatever for prices of 65 and 85 euroos... when does Belgium become a Republic of Bananas???
GLOBAL MODERATOR under the name of GRIVNAGOZER at www.munthunter.nl

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 11:44:20 PM »
You see Atomium coin position A and B normally ???... or somewhere in between... which the Germans sell as quarter to nine or three or whatever for prices of 65 and 85 euroos... when does Belgium become a Republic of Bananas???

??? I thought positions referred to the edge, not tropical fruit.

Peter

Offline muntenman

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 12:50:06 AM »
 ;D no, but in Republics of Bananas they make you special offers for mucho pesos by offering default coins for expensive prices >:D

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 12:57:17 AM »
Sorry, I still don't understand. Can you explain, please?

Peter

Offline muntenman

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2007, 01:18:19 AM »
A certain German coinhouse is offering Atomium coins very special:

Normally you have the 2 euro side at the same as the top of the Atomium, which in Dutch is called medailleslag, or the 2 euro is standing in reverse with the lower end of the Atomium. Belgian call them position A or B.

Well the Gerries have their own supply now for this Belgian coin: de 2 euro side is somewhere hanging in the middele between the top and lower end of the Atomium and are offering them for 65 till 85 euro's each coin.

Instead of arrow up or arrow down now the minting process has become arrow horizontal...

In large south American banana republics it had been custom to buy large quantities of numismatic garbage which was intended for destruction cause of surface errors through the backdoor. Has this been the cause of Special German offers from Belgian coins containing surface errors?.

Offline common sense

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2007, 01:27:03 AM »
A certain German coinhouse is offering Atomium coins very special:

Normally you have the 2 euro side at the same as the top of the Atomium, which in Dutch is called medailleslag, or the 2 euro is standing in reverse with the lower end of the Atomium. Belgian call them position A or B.

Well the Gerries have their own supply now for this Belgian coin: de 2 euro side is somewhere hanging in the middele between the top and lower end of the Atomium and are offering them for 65 till 85 euro's each coin.

Instead of arrow up or arrow down now the minting process has become arrow horizontal...

Is that what we call a rotation?  ;D ;D That has in any case nothing to do with the A and B positions  ;D ;D
how to lose your sense: do everything you want unprincipled and think you're the best.

Offline muntenman

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 01:37:57 AM »
Yes rotations was the word I'm looking for...

Offline common sense

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2007, 02:32:52 AM »
That is a very expensive rotation. :o  I have myself one of 176 degrees. Therefore I paid 9.99 euro 8)

At the Belgian euro coins we see often rotated dies. The most, with the face of king Albert to left. As if he looks at the ground. Rotations to the other side less.
At this 2-euro cc. Atomium rotations of all degrees have been confessed, from top to bottom.

how to lose your sense: do everything you want unprincipled and think you're the best.

Offline muntenman

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2007, 01:06:24 AM »
Thank you for your explanation, common sense. It feels good to know that we can support eachother with our knowledge on this beautifull ite. Greetings, Eric.

BC Numismatics

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2008, 12:05:45 PM »
I didn't think that there was such a thing as position A or B in the Belgian Euro coin series.I know that the collecting by position A or B is extremely popular when it comes to the Belgian Franc & Centime coins.In some cases,a coin that is struck in one position commands a higher price than a coin that is struck in the other position.

Aidan.

Offline a3v1

• Meritorious Member
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2008, 10:52:02 PM »
@ Aidan,
Not just the Belgian ?2 coins, but all ?2 coins do come in positions A and B. As a result of the minting process using pre-edged blanks, both A and B positions are equally common.
Regards,
a3v1
Over half a century of experience as a coin collector.
-------------
Money is like body fat: If there's too much of it, it always is in the wrong places.