Author Topic: Coins with the same person or theme on both sides  (Read 2422 times)

Offline RHM22

• E NVMMI AGNITIO
Coins with the same person or theme on both sides
« on: February 18, 2010, 08:19:29 PM »
How many coins can you think of with the same person/thing on both sides? There are a few U.S. coins that fit the bill, such as the Lafayette dollar, the Lincoln Memorial cent and the New Jersey quarter, and I can think of a few European coins with eagles on both sides. Any thoughts?

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Re: Coins with the same person or theme on both sides
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 10:59:19 PM »
Yes, the good Mr. Lincoln figures on more coin dies than any other person except Ms. Liberty. Depends also on how you define "thing". I can think of a few coins with the value on both sides.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline chrisild

• Honorary Member
  • NW DE EU
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 11:43:18 PM »
Five years ago the Royal Dutch Mint issued a coin to Queen Beatrix's silver jubilee. (She became queen in 1980, and the Jubileummunt came out in 2005.) The coin shows the very same moment - the oath - from two different angles.

Christian
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 05:25:12 PM by <k> »

Offline ciscoins

• Coins of CIS and Baltic countries
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 01:40:13 AM »
How many coins can you think of with the same person/thing on both sides? There are a few U.S. coins that fit the bill, such as the Lafayette dollar, the Lincoln Memorial cent and the New Jersey quarter, and I can think of a few European coins with eagles on both sides. Any thoughts?

I remember only two coins: Bulgaria 1 lev 1981 (the coat of arms at both sides) and USSR 1 rouble 1987 (the same sickle and hammer at both sides).

Ivan
Moscow, Russia

Offline ciscoins

• Coins of CIS and Baltic countries
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 03:12:22 AM »
Oh, one more piece: Tajikistan 3 somoni 2001. The crown with stars at both sides.
Ivan
Moscow, Russia

Offline SquareEarth

• cn jp kr vn
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 02:04:39 AM »
Numerous Queen Liz coins.
Tong Bao_Tsuho_Tong Bo_Thong Bao