News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Islands where nuclear tests took place, numismatic research

Started by Alex Island, September 11, 2023, 10:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Island

Many people remember that nuclear tests in the 20th century were often carried out on various remote islands. I have long been interested in this topic and have collected a number of numismatic artifacts that relate to this issue. A little later I will put my archive on this topic in order and show photographs of these numismatic items. If anyone knows and has photographs on the topic "nuclear numismatics", please post them here.

What islands do you know or remember on which nuclear bombs were tested? Have you seen numismatics on this subject? Are you interested in this topic?

All islands around the world & islands coin

krishna

Quote from: Alex Island on September 11, 2023, 10:29:31 AMMany people remember that nuclear tests in the 20th century were often carried out on various remote islands. I have long been interested in this topic and have collected a number of numismatic artifacts that relate to this issue. A little later I will put my archive on this topic in order and show photographs of these numismatic items. If anyone knows and has photographs on the topic "nuclear numismatics", please post them here.

What islands do you know or remember on which nuclear bombs were tested? Have you seen numismatics on this subject? Are you interested in this topic?

a very interesting topic for sure, Bikini Atoll, is the first thing which one can recollect

Alex Island

Quote from: krishna on September 12, 2023, 08:22:03 AMa very interesting topic for sure, Bikini Atoll, is the first thing which one can recollect

Thank you for remembering, Krishna.  :)
If the first thing that comes to mind is Bikini Atoll, then I will try to show what I discovered.
Interesting dollar:

Alex Island

Here's another interesting example:

Alex Island

I found a total of three variants of strange releases in this series. Here's the third one:

Alex Island

Alex Island

Bikini islands crossroad baker coin. I can't say exactly what it is. Perhaps someone knows more:

Alex Island

Some memory and history mentioning islands for nuclear testing:

Alex Island

So, from the previous photo we can see the names of some (but not all) of the islands on which nuclear tests were carried out: (c)

Bikini Atoll, Marshall islands
Enewetak Atoll, Marshall islands
Johnston Atoll
Christmas island, Kiribati islands

Monte Bello islands, Australia
Malden island, Kiribati islands

Moruroa islands, Tuamotu Archipelago
Fangataufa island, Tuamotu Archipelago

I can note that for each of these islands (and not only from this list) there is some special numismatics that I was able to discover. Maybe I'll try to show it here in the thread later..
If anyone has knowledge on these topics, please show me what you have discovered?

Alex Island

Coral Reef Tavern on Bikini Atoll 10-cent token & 5-cent token for Operation Crossroads:

krishna

Quote from: Alex Island on September 12, 2023, 10:21:50 AMSo, from the previous photo we can see the names of some (but not all) of the islands on which nuclear tests were carried out: (c)

Bikini Atoll, Marshall islands
Johnston Atoll
Christmas island, Kiribati islands

Monte Bello islands, Australia
Malden island, Kiribati islands

Moruroa islands, Tuamotu Archipelago
Fangataufa island, Tuamotu Archipelago

I can note that for each of these islands (and not only from this list) there is some special numismatics that I was able to discover. Maybe I'll try to show it here in the thread later..
If anyone has knowledge on these topics, please show me what you have discovered?

wow!!, that's quite a treasure you have unearthed!!, awesome
Never in dreams i can imagine, that some people still inhabit a neuclear test site

Alex Island

Alex Island

In my collection there are photographs of about 30 more items of various numismatics that relate to nuclear tests on various islands. I don't know who is interested in this, so I'm not publishing it yet so as not to burden the forum with my topic. If there is interest, you can consider it. The topic is becoming relevant in the world again, it seems...

Alex Island

Quote from: Alex Island on September 12, 2023, 10:21:50 AMSo, from the previous photo we can see the names of some (but not all) of the islands on which nuclear tests were carried out: (c)

Previously, two varieties were already shown in a separate topic: Enewetak Atoll & islands, coin/token

Now there is a third variety that I recently discovered: