Islands in Japan, numismatic research

Started by Alex Island, March 01, 2023, 05:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Island

Japan is made up of many islands of various sizes, and I have done my numismatic research separately on these many islands. I can post some of my findings here in this thread. But before that, I want to ask the forum participants: has anyone already been interested in Japanese numismatics? Who will be interested in this from the participants? I ask these questions because the specificity of the Japanese language and culture and geography and numismatics is very peculiar.
All islands around the world & islands coin

Alex Island

The Japanese are on their own wave and they always have something of their own. They came up with an island inhabited by monsters, and strange coins are minted:
Kaijyu island

Alex Island

I looked through my cache of photographs of the Japanese islands, which are in alphabetical order. The first thing you can find is: Amami Islands

Amami Islands, Japan, PROOF, 1000 Yen (1 Ounce, .999 Silver Art Coin)

Alex Island

I noticed some interesting items for sale at a Japanese auction. On the pieces of natural gold there is an image of an animal and it is indicated that this is related to Tobinitai culture

The seller indicated three different islands that are part of the Kuril Islands. I am not familiar with such a topic and such objects, so the meaning of the objects is not entirely clear to me. It looks like it was recently made for some purpose, perhaps someone understands what this means for numismatics:  ???

Alex Island

Issuance of Commemorative Coins for the 100th Anniversary of the National Park System

QuoteThe Ministry of Finance (MOF) plans to issue coins to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the national park system, with designs of 34 national parks, in installments from this year until 2031 (about five parks per year).

For the first issue, MOF has decided to issue 1,000-yen silver coins with the designs of the Iriomote-Ishigaki National Park, the Keramashoto National Park, and the Yambaru National Park, respectively.

I noticed that two of the three parks are on separate islands:

Iriomote-Ishigaki National Park on the Iriomote island 西表島  (&  Ishigaki island 石垣島)

Keramashoto National Park on the Kerama Islands 慶良間諸島 国立公園