News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Samid Amirs of Multan, Amir Fahad (930 or 950 CE onwards), Silver Bilingual Damma

Started by sarwar khan, January 24, 2023, 05:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarwar khan

Details about the coin

Amir :- Amir Fahad (930 or 950 CE onwards), 
Denomination :- Silver Bilingual Dammam (Manhari Dirham)

Weight :- 0.52 gms,
Diameter :- 9.54 mm

Obverse: Sri Samara / miyaka,
Reverse: Three dot motif surrounded by Shri Ta Pa with Lillah Fahad
(transl. For Allah (struck by) Fahad) in Kufic below. 
Refer :-  Fishman & Todd: M78-E19,

Foot note :- These bilingual coins of Fahad carry his local biruda (royal title) :Shri Samaramiyaka / Samaramiyanka referring to the protagonist of the famous Jaina mahakaha Samaraicca Kaha (transl. the story of Samaraicca) of Acharya Shri Haribhadrasuri (fl. 788-829 CE). The title Samaramiyaka which is in Prakrit has been translated to Samaraditya in Sanskrit. This is the only issue in the entire Multani bilingual series where the royal title is in Prakrit and based on a major religious text of Jainism,

Listed as RR in the Fishman and Todd

Sent from my M2007J17I using Tapatalk

THCoins

Reading your background story and looking at the coin it seemed familiar.
With some searching i found your recent posting here.
Looks like the same coin ? but the contrast between legend and background of the coin in your new photo is a lot clearer, so good reason to give some attention to this rare type again !

sarwar khan

Quote from: THCoins on January 25, 2023, 08:45:23 AMReading your background story and looking at the coin it seemed familiar.
With some searching i found your recent posting here.
Looks like the same coin ? but the contrast between legend and background of the coin in your new photo is a lot clearer, so good reason to give some attention to this rare type again !
THCoins Yes it's same coin but I forgot and re-post in WOC.
 I little bit cleaned the coin and result is good

Sent from my M2007J17I using Tapatalk