Started by jaspersaini, November 10, 2022, 05:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaspersaini

AKBAR NARNOL mint Rupee

11.31 Gm x 25.6 MM

ZENO# 283415

Your comments are most welcome!

jaspersaini

I am feeling like these two coins ( my one and from Zeno) were minted by the same hands and at the same time, these two matches up to the position and size of the holes. It's like they had a coin punch where molten silver was poured to make Rupee coins at the mass production level.

What's your take on this?

Coinsforever

Quote from: jaspersaini on November 11, 2022, 07:56:41 PMI am feeling like these two coins ( my one and from Zeno) were minted by the same hands and at the same time, these two matches up to the position and size of the holes. It's like they had a coin punch where molten silver was poured to make Rupee coins at the mass production level.

What's your take on this?

These are hammered coins at workshop inside mint silver sheets were cut and weights were taken to maintain silver rupees standard.(in the range of 11.55 gm )

Blanks were cut from inspected cut pieces and than dies were selected as per requirements for minting particular lot of  coins  .
It is likely that both the coins were struck from same die.
Cheers ;D
Every experience, good or bad, is a priceless collector's item.

http://knowledge-numismatics.blogspot.in/

Tirant

Yes, both pieces seem to match in every single detail. Yours looks beautiful, congrats  :)

Seeker55

The fact that the punches, also known as test marks or Shroff marks, are identical on your coin and the one in Zeno means that yours is the exact coin shown in Zeno. Punches are made by shopkeepers after minting to make sure the coin is pure silver and not plated. It isn't possible to have multiple identical punch marks on two different genuine coins (and I believe that yours is genuine, not that both are identical forgeries).

abhinumis

Dr.Abhishek

jaspersaini

That's awesome! That's my mint number 16 of Akbar coins in my collection.