Jersey: The British Lighthouses £2 collection

Started by MCz, August 03, 2022, 02:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MCz

Jersey issued set of five 2 pounds coins with The British Lighthouses.

As described on Westminster website:
The complete collection features five iconic lighthouses from England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, and the Channel Islands. Each coin beautifully designed by artist Tabitha Mary.
    Country of Issue: Jersey
    Year of Issue: 2022
    Metal: Bi Metallic
    Diameter: 28mm
    Weight: 12g
    Denomination: Two Pounds
    Obverse: Ian Rank-Broadley FRBS
    Reverse: Tabitha Mary
    Finish: Brilliant Uncirculated
    Edition Limit: 2,022

In my opinion, very low mintage taking consideration that this is Jersey issue and bimmetalic 2 pound coin.

wrongmove

Quote from: MCz on August 03, 2022, 02:05:33 PMIn my opinion, very low mintage taking consideration that this is Jersey issue and bimmetalic 2 pound coin.

I suspect these will be available individual as Westminster page says "One of the ways to get these coins" - so mintage may be more. decent coins.

eurocoin

Nice concept, good to see a relevant topic on the coins. It will be interesting to see what the minted pieces look like.

Offa

Only available from Westminster surprise surprise.
All coins are equal but some are more equal than others

avle64e

Robert Stevenson, FRSE, FGS, FRAS, FSA Scot, MWS (8 June 1772 – 12 July 1850) was a Scottish civil engineer, and designer and builder of lighthouses. His works include the Bell Rock Lighthouse.

MCz

The set of coins with lighthouses will be produced also in silver proof with gold plated outer ring (925/1000 Silver with 24 Carat Gold Plate). Only 250 sets will be issued.
Unfortunatelly, price is quite high: 425 GBP for full set (42.5 x10 payments). Shipping in November as mint needs to produce dies for proof version.

eurocoin

I wonder why Westminster Collection never lets artists from the Crown dependencies and British overseas territories design the commemorative coins. Not that they are the only ones who should be allowed to design them, but it would make a welcome change I think.

MCz

Eurocoin, do you know if this set is manufactured by Tower Mint or other mint? I can't found the relevant info anywhere and just adding these coins to Numista (you will see the real photos soon, quite good quality of coins, I guess).

eurocoin

These were made by Tower Mint. I look forward to seeing the photos.

MCz

Numista #339710 and 339717-20, not yet published as waiting for validation.

eurocoin

Some nice photos you made. And the quality of the pieces looks good too.

Big_M

I am positively surprised, the coins look much better at hand than in the advertising materials.

MCz

Quote from: eurocoin on September 12, 2022, 08:58:16 PMSome nice photos you made. And the quality of the pieces looks good too.
I agree, specially with second part of your phrase, coin looks really good... For pictures: good but of course could be better, it's taken by my smartphone with zoom 2x to have camera not so close to coin but even there is still some kind of mirror of black phone on the proof/BU coins (only photos of frosted coins are really nice). And cannot do the photos at sharp angle because this change round coin into ellipse.