News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Tang...

Started by Quant.Geek, March 02, 2022, 06:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quant.Geek

No, not the orange drink that I grew up drinking during the hot summer days of NY:

But this.  This is an older purchase that has been lingering around.  I have a cache of Tang and Northern and Southern Song coins that needs to be photographed and classified. 

Imperial China, Tang Dynasty: Emperor Su Zong (758-759) 50 Cash (Hartill-14.105)
Obv: 乾元重寳 Qian Yuan zhong bao
Rev: Blank Double Rim

A gallery of my coins can been seen at FORVM Ancient Coins

Tirant

;D ;D ;D ;D Me too, i drank lots of tang back in the 90s, when i was a kid.

It's a very interesting piece, thanks for showing!

Figleaf

You have a Brave heart to buy coins like these with so many fakes around. Even experts get fooled. That said, this one looks good. A faker would not have wanted the central hole badly placed. Most excellent coin, Quant.Geek. TFP.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Quant.Geek

Quote from: Figleaf on March 02, 2022, 11:22:15 PM
You have a Brave heart to buy coins like these with so many fakes around. Even experts get fooled. That sais, this one looks good. A faker would not have wanted the central hole badly placed. Most excellent coin, Quant.Geek. TFP.

Peter

That is absolutely true! Its all about who you buy it from wrt these types of coins.  I like Chinese Cash coins, but it is almost a crap shoot against the house and you always seem to loose. There are a few good dealers who know their stuff and back up their coins with lifetime guarantees.  You end up spending a bit more but with a peace of mind...
A gallery of my coins can been seen at FORVM Ancient Coins